We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South or West Coast?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
South or West Coast?

I'm currently planning our first trip to Barbados for this July. I'm not really sure which coast I should focus on West or South? My husband I prefer calm waters, we're more waders than swimmers. We don't need rocking night life but do like nice restaurants. We also don't care much for shopping, but wouldn't mind sightseeing. TIA

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
186 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South or West Coast?

From your description investigate west coast. Others on this forum who are living there will give accommodation ideas (we are south coasters). Do look into car rental, makes visiting the real Barbados so much easier & fun. Biggest challenge in driving, is no different than walking, look to your right first before looking left.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South or West Coast?

Generally the waters are calmer on the West coast, especially the time of year you are looking at so I would concentrate your search on that coast. There are a couple of places on the south you could stay where the sea is calmer such as Coral Sands on Worthing beach. It would help to know if you prefer an apartment/house or a hotel and a rough budget. I am sure we will be able to offer suggestions then.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,066 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South or West Coast?

What you require is fulfilled to the tee by staying on the West coast in the vicinity of Holetown.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South or West Coast?

I would suggest the South Coast, besides walking on the mile long boardwalk for exercise at either end of it there are spots to can waddle out, like you two I am not a big swimmer so I just waddle out to my waist, Sandy is the swimmer and likes to do her laps in the pool, check out Pirate's Inn it is small resort with only 20 rooms and close to the boardwalk and restaurants

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,503 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South or West Coast?

Definitely stay in the Holetown area on the west coast - sea will suit - beaches will suit - restaurants will suit - your criteria fits perfectly

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South or West Coast?

Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely look into the West Coast, it sounds just want we're looking for. We're looking at staying at a hotel/resort, and have a budget of about $3000. We've driven on the left before, but just aren't keen on doing it this time around if we can help it.

7. Re: South or West Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:18