We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

We are looking to travel to Cobbler's Cove in a few weeks time. We have read, however, that the beach may be very small, tiny. Does anyone know if that is really the case? Can you still walk for awhile on it or is there space for lounge chairs, without them being in the water? Are you able to walk farther down a beach in the distance perhaps?

Also, is it walkable from the hotel to Speighstown? Or not really? A five or ten mins walk for us is no problem.

Finally, it seems that mid February is half term in Britain (I checked). Does that likely mean everyplace will be packed with kids? Thanks in advance.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

There is a lovely beach at Cobblers Cove it is lovely for swimming there as well, plenty room for loungers. You can easily walk into Speightstown within 10 mins and you can walk along in the opposite direction towards Mullins Beach. I do not think you would have too many children staying there. It is a lovely hotel.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

This is from their web site :-

Families with children up to 12 years old are welcome at Cobblers Cove from mid March to the first week in January

Hope that helps.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

Agreed. Cobblers attracts an older crowd for the most part so I wouldn't worry about kids. But generally, they're quite a few kids around in mid February for the half term break.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

Thank you very much for that feedback. Sounds excellent. Now, I wonder if the bar can make a great margarita as well as an excellent rum punch.

Cheers.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

They do have champagne and lobster evening which are not to be missed!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

tengo

Cobblers has some of the top bartenders on this island so I'm sure you will be able to get an excellent margarita and an even better rum punch.

Regards

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

Don't think you will have a problem with the bar tenders there (we hired an "off duty" one to tend bar for our 50th anniversary party - he was brilliant!)

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

We so need a tropical drink, lounge chair and an aqua sea....

Its been a long, cold winter here so far, not to mention work.

The lobster and champagne does not sound too bad either.

Thank you!

9. Re: Cobbers Cover - Tiny beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18