We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see beaches

MA
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
Must see beaches

We're leaving for 10 days on Barbados on Thursday -- hooray!

We're staying at Glitter Bay, which is on an absolutely beautiful beach -- wide soft sand, excellent swimming, can snorkel off the beach, can walk a short distance to swim with sea turtles. Are there any other beaches we should consider going to and if so, what is special about them?

Thanks to all who reply!

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see beaches

Bath beach east coast, lovely shady very quiet beach. Good for picnic, scavenging and long walk.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see beaches

Bathsheba on the East Coast for its rugged beauty. Good choice with your accommodation. Alleynes Bay is one of my favourite spots. Have a great time!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see beaches

Bathsheba is a must see beach just for its beauty but you cannot swim there.

I also love Bottom Bay on the South East coast .... it is a picture postcard beach!

Gibbs Beach is also one of my favourites, not far from Alleynes Beach .... great for peace and quiet as there are no hotels there just a few nice houses. Perfect for swimming at Gibbs.

I also love Paynes Bay which is a nice long beach, usually calm seas, lots of watersports and swimming with the turtles .... but go on a day when there are no cruise ships in!

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Must see beaches

Ditto to both suggestions above. I'd also add Miami/Enterprise. But why not have a look for yourself?

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must see beaches

We love Foul Bay . Great for a picnic , secluded , but the sea is very rough .

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must see beaches

Highly recommend Foul Bay - i got married on that beach!

Miami beach is a long term favourite - especially with the fish swimming around your feet

Crane beach - voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world

London, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must see beaches

Crane beach and the basically deserted beach just to the north of it. Pink sand and fun waves to body surf in and boogie board.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must see beaches

Bottom Bay, Foul Bay for pure unspoilt beauty,Miami for great beach

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must see beaches

Paynes Bay for the turtles, Bottom Bay for the picture postcard, Batt's Rock for the peace and quiet and the monkeys in the trees, Bath Beach, Miami Beach, Port St. Charles, they are all fab for different reasons.

10. Re: Must see beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 05:20