We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do first time over proper

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Things to do first time over proper

ok so i originally came over for 4 days whilst in st lucia back in 2005 didnt have a great time so now i am comnig over for three weeks i really wanna do a lot

i am coming over with 2 of my friends and will be here for 3 and a half weeks

am looking to tour island visit historic places swim with the turtles taste good home food so am looking for ideas of the best places to visit to do all this im staying in st phillips but should have a car for the time i am out there

many thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do first time over proper

Great.

At the top of this page is a green tab "Things To Do". Take a look there and see what interests you. Others will also give you some ideas but the items in Things To Do also has reviews by visitors. Once you've narrowed things down or not then come back with specific questions.

Enjoy

Barbados
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do first time over proper

Hi MrSpecialOne,

Have a look at the following for some more information on what to do in Barbados - barbadospocketguide.com/visitors-to-barbados…

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do first time over proper

MrSpecialOne

For things to do in Barbados:

Visit Harrison's Cave

Visit Hunte's Gardens

Take a dive on the Atlantis Submarine

Visit the Barbados Wildlife Reserve

Visit St Nicholas Abbey and sample some of their legendary rum and tour the historic house

Take a Catamaran Cruise on Cool Runnings or the more luxurious and relaxed Silver Moon

Visit the Barbados Concorde Experience

Take a 4x4 Adventureland Island Tour

Visit Cherry Tree Hill for breath-taking views of the island

Visit Bathsheba, have lunch over at the Atlantis Hotel in Tent Bay

Visit Hackleton's Cliff for breath-taking views of the island

Visit St. John's Parish Church

Gun Hill Signal Station is also fantastic

Visit Oistins on a Friday night around 19:00, have dinner at Pat's Place, the dishes are delightful. Be sure to try the Grilled Marlin!

If you're into history, visit Sunbury Great House, also a great place for having lunch

For shopping, visit the world-class Limegrove Lifestyle Centre in Holetown, St. James where you can shop at Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren just to name a few.

Do take a look at www.totallybarbados.com where you will find a wealth of quality and up-to-date information on the island.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do first time over proper

thank you very much will look into this

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do first time over proper

MrSpecialOne

You're welcome.

Regards

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do first time over proper

BGIWorldTraveller - Thank you for your very informative post. We are visiting end of March and your post has given me lots of fantastic ideas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do first time over proper

bgiworldtraveller i would like to thank you again for your recomendations as they have beenr eally helpful i have spoken to my friends and we have decided on quite a few things that we will be doing.

one friend leaves on thurs i come the following thurs and then my next friend comes on the 18th

8. Re: Things to do first time over proper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:17