We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

essex
Level Contributor
323 posts
356 reviews
Save Topic
Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Just getting a little concerned with the lack of information as to whether the almond beach hotel actually did open free of builders on the 16th. We are booked in for 10 days from 30th January but still not a word on this forum or on the hotels own Facebook page since the 16th, no new pictures or remarks from any guests, no new pictures of the view the hotel, no new comments , no big band no balloons , no replies to any Facebook comments left wishing then well since the 16th so did it reopen and were there any guests ? Even tried searching the local newspapers, no news , starting to get panicky , need to know incase I have to pack brick trowel rather than my kindle , any news other than what was expected for the 16th would be great fully appreciated.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Have you tried phoning them ?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,538 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Hoprfully, if it is open, their guests are having far too good a time to bother to post on here !

Edited: 21 January 2014, 08:31
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

On the 'Almond Beach Village News' Facebook page they quoted that as of 19th January the new staff are being trained and the opening date is now 23rd January.

They also say that there was a soft opening on the 16th Jan (whatever that may mean!).

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

I heard that they had local people there at the weekend to give an opinion on what had or was going to be done. Hopefully all will be well by the 23rd Jan.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Yes, ABV did open last weekend but not to foreign guests. There is a select group of locals staying there giving management their feedback on the property before the official re-opening this week.

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

I quite like the idea of the soft opening

- hopefully this will mean that by the time the hotel opens any small teething problems will have been identified and/or ironed out.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Precisely!

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Also just booked for a week from 31st jan, so hoping for the best! Any updates gratefully received but at this stage, not much point in worrying too much, will just have to wait & see!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

Having seen the pictures on the facebook pages and knowing it is open now I think you will all be fine. If you like snorkeling, take a walk up to the north end of the beach past Port St Charles and swim out there, there is an underwater man made reef which has a great variety of fish.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did the almond beach hotel open on 16 th ?

We are in the same boat & I have been checking for progress and/or reviews too! we go out for 10 nts on 13th Feb. Licksmith I'd love to hear your comments once you've been! We were taken in by the offer, not realising the history of the place at all. Anyhow, I've decided that they will be out to impress after a poor performing past & so am hoping for good things!