We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Micro Sim card

Ottawa
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Micro Sim card

I have unlocked Galaxy S4 and want to pick up a Digicel/Line SIM card.

Anything available at the airport? If not, somewhere in Dover/Gap area?

I've read a few threads here about SIM cards and it seems there's a problem finding micro's. Is this still the case?

On Digicel's web page, they have prepaid smartphone plans for $14.99/7 days - 1 GB data. Is this the going rate and does anyone know what the actual SIM card charge is?

Thanks.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Micro Sim card

There is a Digicel store in Oistins.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Micro Sim card

As noted you can get the card in Oistins Lime however offers a 1gb data package for the month for around $15

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Micro Sim card

On Dec 4, I purchased a micro SIM card from Digicel in Oistins. Lime didn't have micro SIM cards and it was my second trip to the Digicel outlet. Cost was $25 BDS which is more than the cost a regular SIM card.

Check out the Digicel plan for $49 BDS which included 1 gig data, plus 100 minutes of calls and 100 texts to local and international phone numbers.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Micro Sim card

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll have the driver stop in Oistins on the way in. Or have someone pick one up for me beforehand.

If the microSIM is more expensive, I'll just get a regular SIM and cut it down to fit the phone.

$49BDS? Is the $14.99BDS for 1GB of data not valid anymore?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Micro Sim card

You will have to take your phone into the shop and they will check to see if everything works ok while you are waiting.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
96 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Micro Sim card

I am staying in Holetown on March and just need a 'regular' data sim. Where would be the nearest outlet to get one, please? As far as I can see, there is little to choose between Digicel and Lime.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
96 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Micro Sim card

I am staying in Holetown on March and just need a 'regular' data sim. Where would be the nearest outlet to get one, please? As far as I can see, there is little to choose between Digicel and Lime.

8. Re: Micro Sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:20