We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados in April

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados in April

My husband and I have never been. We are in our 50's and want nice clean accomodations with a good beach, but yet walking distance to things. I've come upon Ocean Two, looks beautiful. I got a quote on a 1 bedroom suite, it's expensive but looks so nice. Is it worth it. Also, does that part of the island get tradewinds (been to Aruba a few times and enjoy the winds to help keep it comfortable). Any other suggestions for accomodations would be appreciated. I have very bad allergies so clean and updated rooms are a big plus for me (have problems with mold and musty smells).

Level Contributor
536 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados in April

You need to decide between the calm waters and quietness of the west coast and the more wavey sea and livelier nightlife of the southcoast. Once you decide that it will narrow your options. Most of beaches in Barbados are beautiful

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados in April

Dian

Ocean Two is an excellent choice as is Coral Mist, Coral Sands, Accra Beach, Radisson Aquatica and Hilton Barbados.

Regards

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados in April

You won't have any problems at Ocean Two . It's virtually new , immaculate and on a lovely beach , and very close to all the entertainment . If you can afford to do it , then go ahead . There's not a lot better without paying mega bucks .

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados in April

We are Hilton members and my husband would be more than happy to stay there. Looking at the website, it doesn't seem anything like Ocean 2, but would be less expensive so it's definitely an option. Location wise, is it walking distance to other restaurants and how is the beach.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados in April

Forgot to say the difference between the hotels would be about $500 for the week. At Ocean 2 would get suite and Hilton oceanfront room.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados in April

We haven't stayed at The Hilton , but have stayed at Ocean Two four times so can't really give you a comparison . I'd say there's more to do entertainment wise around O2 though . The Radisson Aquatica has only just reopened after a major refurb and is just about next to The Hilton . The beaches at both hotels look great .

Edited: 02 February 2014, 16:59
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados in April

Just checked out Radisson, looks beautiful . I'll have to do some research here.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados in April

Dian

There are two beaches at the Hilton Barbados and they are both excellent. Needhams Point and Pebbles Beach.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance such as Brown Sugar, Pier 1 etc. You will be extremely close to Hastings where there are a plethora of shops and restaurants/bars as well. There is also the Lighthouse Terrace, Grille, Water's Edge and Careenage Bar at the Hilton.

Regards

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados in April

Does the Hilton and Radisson basically have the same beach. How different is that location from ocean 2. Trip advisor is great and from all my years of traveling have never been disappointed (well maybe a couple of times). Everyone had different expectations and I don't need the Ritz to be happy. Clean, comfortable, good location, nice beach and of course a good beach bar.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados in April

think you would take the bus to get to the Oceans 2 resort - bit far to walk