We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

I'm the coach of a college swim team (16 - 20 swimmers) planning on coming on a training trip in December. Any info on best places to stay - taking price, food availability, cultural trips, etc. into account?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

mwbroucek

You will probably want somewhere affordable such as Butterfly Beach on the South Coast or Tropical Sunset on the West Coast. Check those out.

Regards

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,044 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

*For price* you may want to consider renting a bunch of condos at Golden View in Sunset Crest- not on the beach- a short walk to beach, bus, -( really inexpensive transportation $1.US per trip) - shops, restaurants etc. - west coast in Holetown.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

I wouldn't do West coast if you are going to be training at the Aquatic Centre - too much traffic on the highway. South coast from Hastings to St. Lawrence is your best bet. If you're only using the sea to train then it doesn't matter.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

Have a look at Coral Mist and Blue Orchids too, I remember when we stopped there quite a few years back there was some sort of sports team stopping there. It is in a good location for eating out and would probably suit price wise. Wherever you choose I would try and get booked fairly quickly as December tends to be popular.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

Since you presumably need 8-10 affordable rooms during Christmas break in December, I predict great difficulty. Many places are already booked up. Recommend you contact the Barbados Hotel and Tourist Association immediately.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

Various visiting teams such as Cricket, Hockey, Football, Swimming etc etc, have , over the years booked Discovery Bay Hotel in Holetown for their teams, but I have to say that it is usually in November when they come, not just before Christmas which is High Season, and one of THE most popular times to visit.

You can always ask the question however, but wherever you choose, I would suggest you book NOW . Most places are filling up fast for 2014 / 15 High Season.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

My daughter travelled with her school on a netball tour. There were approx 30 of them, they stayed at Butterfly Beach and found it perfect for their needs.

Donna

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

To all that responded - thanks and we'll be checking out all your suggestions. We'll actually be there in late Nov. to early Dec. so we don't hit the high season.

9. Re: College Swim Team Coming in December - Best Place to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:21