We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals to Sandy Lane

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals to Sandy Lane

Hi,

Does anyone know how far it is from Sandals to Sandy Lane/ how long it would take to get there?

Also the approximate price of a cab if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,347 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

since Sandals closes at the end of this month - that's just March - well, it will depend on the time of day (rush hour?)- the day of the week (Mon-Fri?) or - (for instance if you are trying to get anywhere this Sat. it is Gold Cup Day and traffic will be bad in the morning and horrendous after the race - folks trying to get home again! )

more info would be helpful.

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

OK, to be completely specific then....

Wednesday 19th March 2014 to arrive by 14.50

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

Approximately 30 - 40 minutes depending on traffic and a taxi would be around 60 bds.

You can just get a bus for 2 bds, the bus stop is only a 5 minute walk away up the road to your right.

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

Thanks for this.

Is the bus a similar duration, or would it be more like an hour?

Are the buses like coaches or rickety old things? I get travel sickness you see :-S

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

If traffic runs ok i would say 30 minutes for the cab and 40 minutes for the bus, but some bus drivers seem to go a lot faster then they should do !

They aren't exactly 'rickety' but they aren't the same as back home.

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

Are the buses at specific times do you know, or could I just turn up at the bus stop without having to wait too long?

I guess the hotel might have this info actually.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,347 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

while the buses aren't exactly coaches - neither are they really rickety either - but one must bear in mind that the roads have a lot to do with it - they are not exactly smooth like an airport runway and they are very narrow -and the speed the yellow buses drive (IMHO)are often more like maniacs - while the blue Govt buses are a little more sedate - not a lot - but less exuberant !!!!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

The bus you would require is the Speightstown 'yellow' bus. They are every half an hour.

I would say be at the bus stop on the hour.

Just tell the driver where you wish to get off and he will tell you when it is time.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 16:18
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

The buses have the windows open and get humid and hot if they are anything like mini buses without AC .....you may arrive looking a bit worse for wear shall we say ;-) I would take a taxi in comfort with AC....far less likely to feel travel sick.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,347 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals to Sandy Lane

Yes uktripfan - that was my instinct too - I just didn't want to appear negative about taking the bus - (not the looking worse for wear - but feeling travel sick!)... those buses whip around corners and do bounce around quite a bit I've found.