We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

This may be a very naive American question, but bear with me!

We have our Easter Vacation trip to Barbados all planned (and it cannot come quick enough). We are renting a villa in the Mahogany Bay complex, which in in Paynes Bay. But, reading others reviews of the villa, there are specific references to the fact that it does not have lightweight chairs to take down to the beach.

We spend a week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina every year, and have found a local agency that we can rent beach chairs and umbrellas from, so from that experience, I was wondering: Is there anything like that on Barbados?

Thanks in advance, for your advice!

Jennifer

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

No such thing. If there are chairs available they're rented by the people on the beach. If there are no chairs then there are no chairs.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,014 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

There are chairs for rent on the beach in Holetown - but Holetown is not Paynes Bay

Chairs can be rented from the beach guy next door to Zaccios /Topical Sunset Apt. Hotel

so if you want to rent chairs and umbrellas in Holetown - go there

as for Mahogany Bay in Paynes Bay - sorry have no idea if anyone rents anything on the beach there.

Boston
Level Contributor
246 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

Last time I was at Paynes Bay there was a guy called JC who rented chairs and umbrellas. You should be fine. But it's nice to mix it up so pay a visit to Trini down at Zaccios in Holetown during your stay. Enjoy

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

I also rent my sunbeds and umbrellas from JC.

He is at the Northern end of the beach between Coconutz and Sandy Lane No.1.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

anothersadowner,

I was mistaken that Payne's Bay was closer to Holetown. Plus, I was also thinking that perhaps we could rent the chairs for the week and pick them up somewhere in Holetown, like we do in the Outer Banks.

Thank you for your advice!

Jennifer

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

I will have to check a map and see where JC would be in relation to our villa. Does JC rent these just fir the day, or have you ever rented them for the week?

Jennifer

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,014 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

no problem - have fun and good luck finding chairs or whatever - sorry no one rents beach furniture as I think you can do in the States - at least certainly not in Holetown

8. Re: Beach Chair rentals in Holetown area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18