We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week left!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
One week left!

So we are on our week countdown before we are off to barbados :) thanks to everyone who has answered any questions I have it's made planning our holiday much easier.

Obviously we can't do it all... Which is why I have one last question if anyone can give their advice on. We want to go to one 'garden' attraction but there are a few to choose from- we are edging towards huntes gardens at moment but would anyone say one if the others is better?

Thanks

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One week left!

Huntes is by far the best garden attraction on the island, just perfect.

Enjoy your holiday.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week left!

Hunte's Garden, hands down....it's magical!

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week left!

Hunte's is definitely the one to see. Beautiful, tranquil, compact and a wonderful experience. Do sit and chat with Anthony for a while and enjoy a rum or soft drink. I can't wait to go back in May.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week left!

It has to be Hunte's although I do think the entrance fee at US$15 is on the high side. Take a picnic, otherwise an hour is plenty for seeing it all.

I would also recommend you apply insect repellent before your visit.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One week left!

The 15$ includes a rum punch and hospitality from Anthony however. Definitely spray though before you go.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One week left!

Another vote for Huntes from me and I agree that spraying yourself with insect repellent beforehand is a good idea. I liked Andromeda too - easy to combine with a trip to Bathsheba.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One week left!

The most magical place in Barbados----------------you will need to spend at least 2 hours there to include your chat and drink with Anthony after being mesmerised by his amazing labour of love.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One week left!

The rum punch was not included in the entrance fee when we visited - it was definitely extra.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One week left!

I have never paid for a Rum Punch at Huntes? We first visited in 2009 and I was worried about driving after that visit! Were back in summer 2013 and were served a rum punch and if my memory serves me correct we were offered a taste of a new rum he was promoting.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One week left!

Another vote for Huntes Gardens!

We visited a few weeks ago and a rum punch was not offered. We did however have a very small tasting of the new rum that Anthony has had blended for him and is now selling at Huntes Gardens for $BDS60 per 750ml, or $BDS100 for 2 bottles. It is a 10 year old rum produced for him by Foursquare Distillery.

The label on the bottle has these words :

Dear friends,

When you return to your home while relaxing and reminiscing with friends and family, I know you will share this wonderful blend of memories of my beautiful garden with them. Always a sip of goodness to warm the cockles of your hearts.