We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday meal out on Monday.....

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
birthday meal out on Monday.....

It's my birthday on Monday and hubby would like to take me out of the hotel for a meal, we are staying at savannah beach hotel in Hastings, anyone know of any good places to eat within walking distance, easy on the pocket a bit as well, as it will be dark by the time we want to go out, any directions please would be very helpful

Thanks Ann

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

39 Steps Wine Bar and Bistro right next door would be my first choice.. Lunch or Dinner.. or walk down to Brown Sugar, for a real Bajan Lunch, if you would rather not be out in the evening..

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

I agree with Sunnie that 39 Steps is very good. Also, Brown Sugar used to do their Bajan Buffet on a Monday evening and that is good too. Don't just turn up to either though - phone ahead and book. A third option is Mama Mia's which is opposite Coconut Court Hotel (turn right out of Savannah) - good for pasta, pizzas etc.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

If you don't mind a bit of a walk you can join the boardwalk in from of SoCo hotel which is about 1/4 mile south of your hotel. You can then walk along the boardwalk to Tapas which I think you'd really like for a birthday meal and the Tapas menu itself is quite reasonably priced.

I'd hop in a taxi home rather than walk, it shouldn't be much, no more than about $10-15 BDS at most.

Edited: 23 March 2014, 11:21
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

It starts to go dark around 6pm

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,690 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

travelmadfamily

39 Steps or Mama Mias would be my suggestions to you. The latter being a casual option.

Regards

6. Re: birthday meal out on Monday.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:15