We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Coast Hotel

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
West Coast Hotel

Has anyone a favourite hotel close to the beach but with a good pool area as well. Should we be looking at going all inclusive? Or adult only? I would hate being surrounded by rowdy teenagers!!! (Nothing against teenagers but like some space on holiday)

Essex
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Coast Hotel

We travelled to the west coast with two (non-rowdy!)teenagers and did not witness any rowdy teenagers so you should be fine. Friends of ours have stayed at the Colony Club on numerous occasions which is not AI and have only positive things to say about it. My friend is a teacher so one of her requirements is to be away from children of all ages for her holiday, hope that is of some help. There are so many fantastic restaurants of all price ranges it seems a shame to be restricted to an hotel for meals.

Good luck with your search

Donna

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
14,972 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Coast Hotel

One of our favourite hotels is The Colony Club -easy 10 min walk into Holetown - beautiful beach, lovely pool - very unlikely to be surrounded by teenagers - (not that sort of hotel) - - Crystal Cove AI maybe adults only? - but Colony Club is on a much nicer beach - we would Not recommend AI - Barbados has far too many nice restaurants in all price ranges to spend one's time locked into one resort - other nice west coast hotels in the budget allows would be Sandpiper Inn - Coral Reef Club - neither of them likely to have many teenagers...

for a budget hotel - Tropical Sunset, right on the beach and has a pool too in the garden - it is right in the middle of Holetown- so close to everything.

Mentioned in this post
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Coast Hotel

The only adult only hotel on the west coast is The Club and that doesnt have a beach!

If you want AI then I would recommend Crystal Cove, it is on a beautiful beach. It is not adults only but there are rarely lots of children there. This would really apply to any of the hotels as long as you stay out of the school holiday times.

Non AI I would recommend The Tamarind. It has beautiful pools in lovely large grounds that front on to the quieter end of Paynes Bay beach.

Mentioned in this post
Paynes Bay Beach
Paynes Bay Beach
437 Reviews
Barbados
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Coast Hotel

Thanks so much - hope you don't get the impression I dislike kids - I love them really!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Coast Hotel

I understand ;)

Essex
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Coast Hotel

We love holidaying with our teenagers however I am sure when they tire of our company on holidays and want to got it alone we will have the same requirements as you!

Donna

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Coast Hotel

Neep

The Club Barbados and the House would be good options to escape the brats on holiday. Otherwise, I would recommend the Tamarind as a good option.

Regards

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Coast Hotel

The House is a great adults only hotel right on the beach but the pool is not particularly big.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,498 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Coast Hotel

If your budget is not an issue , then quite simply, the best Hotels on the West Coast, are Sandy Lane, Coral Reef and my favourite hotel on the Island, The Sandpiper, but as they are also the top three Hotels on the Island, they come at a price.

Next to those three, for location and beach, I would say Colony Club and Fairmont Royal Pavilion. All these Hotels have beautiful beaches, are well set back from the main highway and in beautiful grounds and gardens.. They are also very close to Holetown and all the main Restaurants , shops and Night Life.

The hotels mentioned earlier on Paynes Beach, are right on the main highway and a good bus ride to Holetown. They are part of a highly thought of chain, but the best one is Colony Club, which is their top Hotel and for good reason.

If you decide on an All Inclusive, which would be a great shame as there are so many good eating places of all prices from Holetown to Speightstown, then for location, food and "extras" included in their package, I would recommend Mango Bay every day. Their beach is beautiful and you could not be in a better location for Holtown.

Edited: 23 March 2014, 17:28
Mentioned in this post
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: West Coast Hotel

The Tamarind would be an excellent choice. You can take the water taxi to its sister hotels, Colony Club and Crystal Cove. It is on a lovely beach with lots of options for dining, Holetown is a short bus journey away where there are lots of restaurants to suit all tastes. Personally I find the approach to Mango Bay a little off putting especially in the evening but it is worth looking at if you fancy AI.

Mentioned in this post
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados