We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

I would like to book for Barbados next March 2015. We have always previously gone in the February and flown out on a Friday. However, will there be Friday flights in the March or will they be crossed over to a Monday then.

I have looked on website but they are not released as yet.

Thank you in advance.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

If you try and book a Virgin holiday they are showing Friday and Monday flights for March 2015.

The airlines only release their dates 11 months in advance.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

March 2013 had Friday and Monday flights as we went for 10 days and flew out Friday and back on a Monday, so I would assume what Saljones says to be right.

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

Yet Virgin fly till the end of March on Friday and Monday. Then April to October Monday only NOvember is Friday only and then back from Dec ish from Fridays and Mondays.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

I wish when they didn't do both days, they did a Friday instead of Monday.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

So do I uktripfan

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

I wonder how long they'll continue two flights per week even in high season? The last two times we have flown the route (Fridays in January/February) the plane was only half full.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

Same here Bimfan even the weekly Monday flight out of season has not been full.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

Even though MAN is the first choice airport for us, we have flown to BGI from LGW on two out of three of our last visits. It's hardly ideal in terms of convenience and the only reason we have flown from LGW is that the prices have been lower - and low enough to still be cheaper when you factor in getting to LGW, parking, overnight hotel etc.

I wonder if high prices from MAN, especially for PE and Upper class on Virgin are diverting others to LGW too? Let's hope the arrival of TCX flights to MAN spark some kind of price war.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

Thank you for your replies.

I have been looking at Thomas Cook flights, these are great if you can just pack and go as there has been some great prices and the detour wouldn't bother us. Unfortunately, due to us being ruled by school holidays :( we are looking to go for three weeks over Easter. The prices are pretty highish with TC around that time (as expected), therefore decided to go with Virgin and get booked when they next have a sale as this will work out cheaper.

I also wish they kept the Friday flights so much more convenient for families/work ...

10. Re: Flight schedules from Manchester to BGI - March 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16