We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fine dining restaurants

burns
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fine dining restaurants

We are traveling to Barbados for two weeks. We like to go out to dinner at the nicer restaurants. We are staying at Fitts Village but renting a car. Can you make some suggestions? Do we need to "dress up" or will a nice shorts outfit be OK?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fine dining restaurants

You are close to The Cliff, which, in my opinion is one of the best restaurants on the island, I personally would dress up for this fine dining establishment. Daphne's , which sometimes gets maligned on here by people who have not been for years, is another place worth visiting. Il Tiempo is a lovely Italian restaurant also in a Fitts.. Have a ride into Holetown and dine at the Tides and Beach House. I don't think any of these places would turn you away with smart shorts but if you are fine dining then fine dressing is advisable. Not forgetting Cin-Cin - many people give this place top marks but it was just ok for us.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 16:23
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fine dining restaurants

I would also suggest the Lonestar. We had two great meals there in December. I wasn't impressed by the Beach House last time we went the service was so bad we walked out after waiting over 50 minutes to be seated and them giving someone else our table! Won't be back, even before that the food was just ok.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,860 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fine dining restaurants

We wouldn't recommend the Beach House either - service was dreadful every time we've eaten there (have friends who like it) - food was so so

Have had great meals at the Cliff, Cin Cin, Tides, Il Tiempo, also at Lonestar (sometimes - seems to depend on the night the "best" chef is on) - same goes for the Fish Pot - had great meals and also so so - meals - haven't been to Daphnes for the past two years as was disappointed last time we went - but maybe they have improved again -

Less "fine dining " but still up there - The Mews can be good - and Nishi if you like sushi

As for dressing up - elegantly casual - is the normal dress code in most of these places i.e - slacks and a nice short sleeved shirt for men and something "elegantly casual" for ladies - never jeans, or tees - as for dress shorts - maybe? - but safer in long slacks for men. (sandals are OK don't need to wear shoes - but wouldn't wear flip flops!)

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fine dining restaurants

Would recommend Cariba (not necessarily fine dining but excellent food), Daphne's - went twice in the last two weeks and the food was again excellent. If you are driving I would also suggest Champers in the south of the island.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fine dining restaurants

For fine dining near to Fitts Village then your best option is The Cliff .... fine dining at its best and it is nice to dress up for the evening. My number one choice!

Tides in Holetown is excellent all round.

Fish Pot is a lovely restaurant .... I had two very nice (faultless) meals there a few weeks back.

I also went to the Beach House on my last visit and was very impressed. I had not been back there for a couple of years due to a dissapointing meal. This visit, the service was excellent and the meal was very good in a lovely setting.... a meal here is less expensive than the others too.

New York
Level Contributor
507 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fine dining restaurants

I would recommend Cin Cin, the Cliff and Champers, in that order. Smart casual attire. Long pants for men

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fine dining restaurants

Tapas, Harlequin, Cafe Luna, Fish Pot, Atlantis are excellent choices and most places you can wear neat golf shorts plus a golf shirt or buttoned shirt, I do it all the time and never had a problem. Just check for their dress code when you call for reservations and you'll know. Even at the Cliff you can wear golf shorts and it's never been an issue.

Morrisburg, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: fine dining restaurants

I have tried Cin Cin, Champers and Il Tempio all 3 were very good as for dress I have never taken a pair of slacks to Barbados, dress shorts and a nice shirt and we never felt out of place. Cin Cin I guess was our personal favourite for fine dinning.

9. Re: fine dining restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16