We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

hi , am off to Barbados next week and intend buying a decent watch while there as I believe there are good bargains . Max budget approx. 5k , Breitling, TAG etc . Anyway can anyone tell me if its better to go to Limegrove [my hotel is in this area] or am I better to go to Bridgetown or even the airport.

any advice appreciated ie shops noted on TA are Diamonds Int, BREITLING boutique etc

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

Either place will have what you're looking for.

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

I got my Breitling watch from Diamonds International in Bridgetown. I paid £600 less than I would have in England. Hope that helps. Happy shopping :-)

Edited: 08 April 2014, 12:19
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

You will find the biggest selection of watches in Bridgetown and Limegrove. Diamonds International has, amongst a huge choice of others, the franchise for Breitling, and shops owned by Colombian Emeralds including "The Jewellers" at Limegrove, and Little Switzerland branches ( one in West mall next to Limegrove , and in Bridgetown ) stock TAG watches.

Most watches of this level and above are cheaper here than the UK , even Rolex which is retailed by "The Royal Shop " in Bridgetown , and Cartier at DI but do your pricing homework in the UK and online before you come, and bare in mind that some models available here are not available in the UK so you will find more choice here. Prices at the Airport will be no different from the main shops, and they have less choice of course

Happy shopping and for what it's worth I LOVE my new TAG F1 .

Edited: 08 April 2014, 13:44
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

thanks guys , probably head to Limegrove so as they have a Breitling boutique there

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

We went into the Breitling shop in Lime grove just to have a look as hubby has one already. The chap in there was very knowledgeable about the various ranges as well as the historic models and whether we could still get things like new bracelets. Even though we weren't buying he was still happy to shopw us the new models etc.

In fairness we didn't venture into Bridgetown so can say if it would have been the same there.

6. Re: limegrove , bridgetown or airport duty free for watches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:17