We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

having second thoughts now......

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
having second thoughts now......

Unfortunately we are having second thoughts about mango bay, couple of bad reviews, the more expensive rooms to get a decent nights sleep, so first off I would like to thank everyone for all there comments so far, could I now ask for more help, I want another idea for hotels, preferably on the west coast but will look at everything, just I want a much better beach and food than we had at savannah beach, 10 nights in march next year, budget is about 4 1/2 k, but could do with it being less, and we are at this time looking for AI unless we can find SC with flights and work out food prices for the same

Thank you all for your time

Many thanks in advance

Ann

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: having second thoughts now......

Have just suggested Discovery Bay Hotel AI- next door to Mango Bay - will be "safe" by next March - NO potential for beach work by then - will all be finished for sure this summer/autumn -has a beautiful wide flat beach - no waves, - - and far less expensive than Mango Bay - you may even be able to afford beachfront room with ocean view - but they have a splendid garden also - so garden view would be fine there - lovely old colonial style hotel - and close to everything in Holetown, but not the noise from the bars on 1st and 2nd streets.

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: having second thoughts now......

Seriously consider S/C as it gives you so much flexibility, you can eat cheap and cheerful right up to fine dining with everything in between.

Look at Palm Beach Condos next to Mango Bay.....wide beach following last year 's work.

Plenty of S/C accom on West as well as South Coast again like eating ..from economy to top of the range.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: having second thoughts now......

Agree with Blodwen, we have spent many holidays AI and then spent increasing amounts of money eating out and on trips. This year was our first year SC and we loved it and it was great value. We would struggle to go back to AI now. Feel free to PM me for details.

Donna

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: having second thoughts now......

I agree with the above and always recommend SC to friends when visiting. Loads on great places to eat - spoilt for choice - and prices are very reasonable!

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: having second thoughts now......

Yesterday OP wrote they had gone back to the Mango Bay hotel option - so this thread may be out of date

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: having second thoughts now......

ASO yesterday's post was resurrected from the 10th April.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: having second thoughts now......

Jane - am totally confused - TMF wanted one thing April 10 - then it was something else - then - SSC - -...does anyone know what they actually want? - On April 16 -the thread was ":is this info correct"? - .... what do they want????

Edited: 19 April 2014, 12:49
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: having second thoughts now......

I think TMF is uncovering every stone ASO, hope she finds somewhere that fits the bill.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: having second thoughts now......

Well according to one post - there are stones at Heywoods! LOL (seems one needs to walk to PSC)

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: having second thoughts now......

Sorry for any confusion, all I'm doing it looking at all options SC &AI, then it will be a case of working out the difference in cost between the 2 to see which is best value for money,

Thanks for all your input, it's been a great help so far

Ann