We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

Lincoln
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

Hi everyone,

I was really interested to read about the location of SCC and the shuttle in a previous post, but if you were self-catering at SCC how far would it be to buy food supplies etc.?

It sounds as though a hire car would be useful?

Many thanks.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

The SCC. Is set in a residential area - no shops close by so a car essential I would have thought. If you have read the reviews you will see that the food gets good reviews and the overwhelming majority stay AI. Supermarkets in Speightstown and Holetown.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

As Chrissie said the closest supermarket would be in Speightstown although we head for Holetown as I prefer Supercentre. We stopped there on a non AI basis and did have a car which makes it much easier to travel to restaurants etc. I think you would want to do AI if you don't hire a car. For bread,cheese,milk and basic staples the petrol station just after PSC is useful.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

Thank you both.

UKtripfan- what did you think of SCC? Any useful info or tips?

Also, where is PSC?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

have you checked out some of the reviews of SCC ? That will help give you an impression. We' absolutely loved it - the only thing that stops us returning every year is that we are swimmers and we do like to be right on the beach. We have had to compromise - the hotels we have stayed in are not up to SCC standard -but will def return to SCC in the future.

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

PSC is Port St Charles an exclusive marina development near Speightstown . It is composed of lots of high standard apartments arranged around the marina.It has a very nice restaurant and beachfront.

The restaurant is open to non-residents.

6. Re: Self catering at Sugar Cane Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16