We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterfly Beach

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Butterfly Beach

I love BB but recently the prices have gone up and the availability is a little harder to come by. Can anyone recommend a similar hotel on the south coast.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterfly Beach

Rostrevor hotel, Southgap hotel, both in the Gap.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterfly Beach

Treepug

Also look at Coral Mist which is in an excellent location.

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterfly Beach

And www.sunbaybarbados.com which is on Maxwell Coast Road .... used to be part of Barbados Beach Club (the bit not directly on the beach but just across a quiet road)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butterfly Beach

Does anyone know why BB has filled up so quickly and so early. I have never had trouble booking this hotel and I usually book later than this.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butterfly Beach

There was some great deals a few weeks back with Virgin (i think) so maybe that has influenced the bookings.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Butterfly Beach

British Airways & Thomson Holidays have also been promoting BB so that could well be the reason.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butterfly Beach

Somebody I work with is going in Feb with another couple and they booked last month as it was almost sold out. I don't know if they got a package deal with WJ or booked separately.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butterfly Beach

Butterfly has many many repeat visitors inlcuding myself as it is such a good value hotel in a great location with great staff :) Often people book while they are there for their following years holiday plus some stay over winter for a month or so. BA also do good deals on package holidays to here as they are a travel partner? . Dec- April seems to be the hardest time to get availability, plus this is peak season too.

Other places for a similar budget you could try are :-

For same location - Sunbay as previously suggested - or Golden Sands Hotel (across the road from Butterfly)

Similar style hotels - Coconut Court in Hastings - beach isnt as nice but the beach bar is great :) Dover Beach Hotel & Rostrevor in the Gap

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Butterfly Beach

We have stayed at Butterfly Beach the past 3 years but also couldn't get in (or get the room we wanted) so we searched other similar properties & ended up at Southern Surf Beach Apartments (in Rockley) & had a great stay. Directly across the road from Rockley beach, nice pool, only 14 rooms so pool usually quiet, and close to restaurants & shopping. Only downfall was road noise, but that's to be expected for this busy location. Would stay again if we couldn't get back in to BB.

10. Re: Butterfly Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16