We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobsters

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lobsters

Hi,

staying at butterfly, thinking about bus up to Carlisle beach ( is that possible) and is it a nice beach with sunbeds and faciltlites. Then we were looking at Lobster o live for lunch ( would we need to book). the reviews on this place seemed very mixed

Is there another option for lobster, ?

sorry does the z bus stop near the beach near lobster a live !

Oh and Goat Curry other than the small hotel on the side of the road between butterfly and the gap, does anyone recommend a good curry. thanks

mouth watering just thnking about this

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobsters

I heard there's a place in Worthing pretty close to the gap that has Jamaican style lamb/pork/etc curry. As for the Z bus, if I'm not mistaking you can take it directly to Carlyle Bay or at least, get dropped off in close distance. Just ask the driver and he'll let you off where you need to be.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobsters

walkerworld

Yes, Carlisle Bay is an excellent beach with first class facilities. You will enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of Lobster Alive as I find the service to be poor and the food to be highly overpriced. The ZRs don't pass directly outside Lobster Alive. They can take you as far as the traffic lights but then they will turn off. You can walk from there as it's a short distance.

You can have excellent curry at Chutneys inside the Lanterns Mall at Hastings, although, they currently do not do goat. You can have chicken, saltfish, lamb, shrimp and vegetables.

Regards

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobsters

Many thanks for your help, I am concerned about Lobster o live, i just want lobster its really a treat for my daughter who will have just finished her GCSES and its her favorite food,

we Loved Gemmas Kitchen in Tobago and just wanted something like that, casual and excellent Lobster,

We have a few " posh" evenings out in mind Champesr and Cafe Luna but fancied an off the beach Lobby!.

Anywhereelse that you can think of.

barbados
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobsters

Lobster alive is one of my favorite places. The food, the ambiance, the nights with live jazz, the location, the overall vibe. Not a posh place with lots of tables, but a small space with, in my opinion, just a great feel. Is the lobster cheap? Nope. But it's great and just an nice relaxing evening out. Would much rather eat lobster here than Champers.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobsters

Thank you, i was thinking more of Lunch time would the choice still be as good.

the price is frightening as its all by weight if i am right what is a rough estimate for three of us and do they take visa cards do you know.

It is a treat after all.

thanks again

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobsters

Don't worry, you can choose the weight of your lobster to suit your pocket. Sunday lunches are great and you can actually sit at a table on the beach if you like. They have Jazz playing as well--------------it's a great place and serves other tasty dishes as well. Try the Conk and Calloo Chowder, it's to die for!

I'm pretty sure Art takes cards, but I always pay cash personally.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 18:59
uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobsters

Hi Lobster Alive is really nice but depending on the time of year you go, there are a couple of stalls at Oistins that have lobster or lobster tails s well

Angels is one and the other is just behind Georges.

Angels is usually priced dependent on the size/weight , the other one for the lobster tail was a fixed price of 50 bds

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobsters

wow thanks for all your help we will be there end of June. will that still be ok trip 7uk ( does it get a bit quiet)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobsters

The end of June is out of Lobster season, but Lobster Alive may still have live ones in it's storage tank in the Restaurant. If not , it will be frozen and that will apply to anywhere on the Island.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
76 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobsters

I ate at Lobster Alive at lunch time on my last visit & it was fabulous. I ordered the 1/2 grilled lobster & it was more than I could eat, the lobsters there are a lot bigger in size compared to what I'm use to so I thought the price was not unreasonable. We just wondered in while enjoying the beautiful Carlyle Bay beach one day & I will definitely return!