We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innoculations/Vaccinations

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Innoculations/Vaccinations

Is it necessary to get any injections to go to Barbados from UK? We are getting mixed messages from doctors over here-some say you need Hep A and typhoid-is this right?

Many Thanks

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

You don't need any special vaccinations to come to Barbados. The water here is one of the best purities in the world also so you can drink it straight from the tap.

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

While I will absolutely agree with Scary, I would suggest that you check with your ministry of health. While Barbados is a safe as far as those things are concerned, you still need to make sure that your government doesn't have some kind of requirement that you must have documented before you travel.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

Sunshine, we've been going to Barbados for the last 7-8 years and have never had any innoculations/vaccinations. I know this doesn't mean that it is safe, but an awful lot of people go without having anything!

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

Thanks very much for all your replies-I will have a look what I can find on the governments websites to check what they advice

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
835 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

I had a look for advice from both the FCO and the Department of Health and found no specific advice regarding to requirements for injections.

uk
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

My GP recommends Hep A and Tetanus for anywhere just as a precaution even in the UK, although it is not necessary for entry into BGI.

get
u.k
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

the first time we travelled to Barbados we did have vaccinations that was 7 yrs ago .We are due to travell again in October with our 2.5yr old son and have been told that we do not need any vaccinations and neither does our son ! We even asked our son's peadatrician and he said he will be fine to travel

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

never had jabs for Barbados......however those mentioned above hep A ,Tetnus and Typhoid would be free and then you need a booster in a 1 or 3 ?years?? Basically it's up to the nurse at your doctors and whats on their list, if not on their list they won't give it to you . If it shows up on their list these will be free of charge....

9. Re: Innoculations/Vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 21:17