We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Back home last night from a week in Barbados, 11th trip.

Stayed at Coconut Court, 7th time just love it there. Great location, best beach bar! Stayed in one of the refurbished rooms in the middle block, beautiful ocean view! Made use of the fridge, cook top, kettle, toaster and microwave for breakfast.

Arrived Monday in time for happy hour at the beach bar, had a couple happy punches and grabbed some snacks at the hotel gift shop and off to the room, sleep shortly after (up since 4am).

Tuesday was CC beach day, windy and sunny, in and out of the sea....Antonio catering to our every need...perfect day!

Wed, off to Pebbles Beach for a paddle board lesson with Paddle Barbados....very windy/wavy so my travel buddy went but I chickened out. I rented a couple chairs and chilled out and then when she was finished we had a fish cutter from Cuz's. Oh, we took the bus to the beach from CC but got on a yellow bus, when we told the conductor where we wanted to go we didn't realize that bus didn't go there (not far, we walked back), by the time we knew what was going on, the driver had flagged down a ZR, gave us back our money and sent us to the ZR van and we were on our way. That's one of the things I love about Barbados, the people look after you!! Dinner was Mama Mia Margarita pizza with prosciutto and arugula

Thurs, morning on CC's perfect beach then off to Sandy Lane for high tea (a b-day surprise for my travel buddy!) It was lovely, we were treated to a perfect afternoon with enough food with one Tea between the two of us that we were eating scones and cakes and chocolate covered strawberries for the rest of the week! From there we went to Limegrove to have look around, very quiet, very expensive! Took Neil Taxi Service, very reliable always on time!

Friday, a must do every visit, a day on Calabaza! Perfect as always! Sea was a bit rough as the winds were high all week. Personally I love a good sail with some wind so it was great! Lovely to meet the other guests!

Sat and Sun were CC beach days (I believe there was another Mama Mia pizza as well :))

Sun night dinner was at Chez Max, great choice!!! I've posted a review on their website.

Until next time!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

You sound as though you had a great time. I love that little beach bar at Coconut Court! Thanks for posting the review and bringing back memories.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Glad you had a good time, love the bit about the bus driver. The people are certainly one of the reasons for going back as they are always o friendly and helpful.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Glad you had a good time. I recently did the afternoon tea at Sandy Lane too and loved it, esp for the price you pay!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Glad you had such a great time, it brought back memories for me having stayed at CC a few times myself

Edited: 04 June 2014, 19:06
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

positive_energy1

Nice report. Also good to read the kind gesture from the driver to give you back your money. Hope you will be soon returning to paradise.

Regards

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Oh, forgot to mention that we went to the Hastings Farmer's Market on Sat morning. It is at Artsplash across from the bandstand on the boardwalk. Small but great market, bought some ginger pepper sauce, it is excellent!! Also got a fresh juice which was delish. Market is there from 9-1 on Saturdays only.

Also found a great store at the Coconut Walk Mall, Pineapple Designs is a store filled with high quality linen clothing designed locally and reasonably priced. I love linen so I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

Ontario
Level Contributor
711 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Great trip report. Thanks! :)

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Hastings Farmers Market is excellent and the little cafe does wonderful Gluten-free food. We had the waffles nd they were delicious. Highly recommend a visit.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Would Hastings FM be good for a late ( ish) breakfast?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report May 26-June 2, 2014

Great report! Could you please refresh my memory as to where the Coconut Walk Mall is?

Thanx!