We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Me and my fiancé are tossing up between Barbados and Jamaica, the resorts in Jamaica seem to have more going on in terms of entertainment and AI, does anyone have any suggestions for amazing resorts in either places so I can do more research and make a decision! anyone who has been married in either Jamaica or Barbados and can provide feedback would be greatly appreciated! We are also wanting to do a Caribbean cruise directly after so we have to consider this also....

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Probably depends on the budget

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Wanting good recommendations to look into first before I worry too much about budget. We just want something beautiful, good service, and plenty to do for us and our guests.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Barbados is not known for its super AI resorts - the best hotel on the island (and possibly in the Caribbean )- is the Sandy Lane Hotel - where celebrities and the rich and famous stay - if you want the absolute best - forget AI in Barbados and stay at Sandy Lane with its 3 different golf courses and everything you could possibly want and anything they don't already provide they will organize for you. -Have a wonderful time - Enjoy!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Sarah L

Amazing resorts here which are excellent for weddings include:

Hilton Barbados

Crane Residential Resort

Ocean Two Resort

Accra Beach Hotel

Radisson Aquatica

Mango Bay (AI)

Turtle Beach (AI)

Hope this helps

Regards

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

I really like the look of the Crane but its not all inclusive which we wanted really so our guests can can just eat and drink as they please.

I have definitely noticed some of the better resorts don't have AI options

Thank you for the advice

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
472 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Sarah L

We were married @ Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Can't say enough about the place and the service WE received from the private limo transfer from airport (unexpected), upgarded room upon arrival, flowers imported from the US, wedding dress dry cleaned to remove small sand mark on hem (after photos taken on beach) free of charge, extra wedding cake to take home to Scotland - the list goes on & on

As for the rich & famous staying @ Sandy Lane Barbados - well if it's good enough for Prince Harry of the British Royal Family to stay there in 2012 (representing the Queen in Jamaica on her Diamond Jubilee), it's good enough for us (and we were there first!!!!!)

North West England...
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

We are getting married at the new Sandals Resort Barbados next year, I am sure it will be an amazing resort and their Weddingmoons take all the stress out of organising the day, they have loads to offer group booking too. They have been so helpful with us back in the UK getting to grips with all the things we want on out big day, can't fault them at all. Definitely worth a look.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

I agree that Barbados all inclusive resorts do not have as much going on as others such Dom Rep, Mexico and probably Jamaica ( I haven't done AI there). They tend to be smaller more low key resorts in Barbados.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

Hi Sarah L, I am getting married October 2014 in Barbados. We usually go AI but we are staying in a villa on the east coast and getting married on Bottom Bay beach.If you are certain you want AI I would consider Turtle Beach or Mango Bay in Barbados as they have had good reviews regarding weddings.I have been to Jamaica AI at the Riu Negril,good but not for a wedding,I would look at any of the Sandals Resort in Jamaica.I loved Jamaica and thought I'd never find anywhere as beautifull...until I went to Barbados...WOW WOW WOW the beaches are nicer, people are friendlier and the cost of things are a lot more reasonable. Either way,whichever destination you pick,your wedding will be fab.Congrats.Sarah R

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados or Jamaica destination wedding???HELP

If you want to do a cruise and stay,would you consider getting wed on the cruise ship then having your honeymoon in either BGI or MBJ??