We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Out deal

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Time Out deal

My mother has found a deal at a local travel agents, 7 nights at Time Out bed & breakfast in September flying TC from Manchester £499.

She has been asking me about it as she has only been once to Barbados staying at Silver Sands in 2007. I have never stayed there so I can't really tell her much, I know it's one of the cheapest hotels but my question is has anyone stayed there? Is it clean? Worth staying at for a budget trip?

Thanks.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time Out deal

There has been a very recent thread about Time Out

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k76…

There are a lot of reviews on here too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time Out deal

Thanks, I'll send her the link to that thread.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time Out deal

Why not look at the reviews at tripadvisor.co.uk/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time Out deal

I've had a quick look, prefer to interact with people so I can ask questions.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time Out deal

Yes it is that's a great price. Basic hotel but very clean. Not all rooms have balconies but they all have a full size fridge. Lovely pool area and friendly staff. The Sporting Pig bar prices are good too.

simbadelight
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Time Out deal

wow thats a bargain go for it

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time Out deal

Sounds like a great deal. I stayed at the Time Out hotel once in the past and it was perfectly ok, clean and fine for a budget trip. It was quite a few years ago that I stayed and it's changed hands and been re-doecorated since then. If possible I'd try and get a room that's not above the Bar, one of my friends was given a room above it and he asked to be moved as it was too noisy at night. Definitely a lower budget hotel but it's in a good location at the quiet end of St Lawrence Gap, right opposite Dover Beach. For £499 for B&B for 7 nights I'd go for it, recent reviews seem to be ok in general.

8. Re: Time Out deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 19:35
Liverpool
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Time Out deal

Just returned from 2 weeks in time out for £850 flying with virgin

Hotel is great go for it you will not regret it

Only thing you will regret is not staying for longer ha ha enjoy

Scarborough, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Time Out deal

We are staying at the time out end of sept ,the same £499 thomas cook deal,it will be our first visit to Barbados,a bit concerned about what type of weather we might get,and will some places/ restaurants be closed...