We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 2015 Wedding Advice!

2 posts
Save Topic
September 2015 Wedding Advice!

Hi all! I know this topic has been addressed a couple of times before, but I dont see anything since 2012.

We're planning to get married in September/October 2015 and I need lots of advice. We're expecting about 30 people to attend. I'm from Barbados but haven't lived there in over 10 years. I currently live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Does anyone have suggestions for

-Wedding Planners?

-Venues? This is MAJOR! There are sooo many beautiful properties,. I'd like to have a location where the beach is visible but not a ceremony on the beach. I'm looking primarily for either Christ Church or St James area.

-Good makeup artists?

-Photographers?

-Florist?

Any input at all would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

www.tripadvisor.ca/SearchForums…

Hi, I can't help you with wedding plans, but the above link takes you to many threads on this forum about weddings, planners, etc. the first one being in July 2014. Your research will require a bit of reading, but there is a lot of information on this forum.

Good luck with your plans.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:55
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

And here is a very recent thread about some weddings being planned, 12 threads below yours.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k60574…

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

I have watched several lovely weddings arranged by Little Arches Hotel in Christ Church. They are typically on the grassy area across the road from Little Arches, overlooking the ocean. I'm sure if you worked with Emma, at Little Arches, she could handle everything for you.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

Tamarind Hotel on West Coast has a spacious lawn/garden area over looking the beach, which would be a lovely setting for a wedding. Romantic beach front dining. Great staff and hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
Tamarind by Elegant...
1,214 Reviews
Barbados
5. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 11:32
Edited: 04 August 2014, 11:32
6. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 11:32
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

Thanks so much for the suggestions this far, I decided to work with destinationweddings.com so Im going to see what they come up with in terms of resorts for venues.

These resorts are so gorgeous, but I must admit, i do feel bad that the room rates are so high for my guests...

Boston
Level Contributor
262 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

Hi,

We just got married in Barbados in July. Here is the basics of our wedding and the services we used:

Accommodation: Vila's on The Beach Unit 201. 3bedroom, Sonya is great, and took excellent care of us.

Venue for wedding and reception: The Beach House Holetown, Dean and his staff were Excellent!

Wedding Planners: Island Bliss Weddings. Jean is awesome

Hair: Hair by Donna

Make-up: Brittany Tuleja

Flowers by Christina Foster

Photography: Manty Cooper

DJ: DJ Dusty

Cake: Patttiserie - Flint

Pre-wedding sunset cruise: Cool Runnings.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
The Beach House Restaurant & Bar
The Beach House...
1,527 Reviews
Barbados
Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

I was in a party of 3 couples who stayed at Villa 201 in May and we had a fab time there. A superb villa and setting. Sonya, the cook/housekeeper looked after us so well. The manicured garden with its lovely swimming pools and beach just in front would be a great setting for photos.

e mail contact for rental : info@jalbarbados.com

Edited: 05 August 2014, 11:18
10. Re: September 2015 Wedding Advice!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:16