We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada

Some people will be interested to know that Air Canada once again won the Best Airline in North America award.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada

Interesting randr - what is the airline judged on? - efficiency? safety? - or comfort?????

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada

Who does the judging?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada

They must have an edge in sheer volume.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada

The award was from Skytrax from nearly 19 million votes. Also won an award in January from Airline Ratings that included 450 airlines.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/AC.htm

Edited: 25 July 2014, 15:08
Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada

I will test them in February

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada

Air Canada is good- as long as you don't get "Rouged". (Book an Air Canada flight and then they switch it to Air Canada "Rouge" without your OK) If they included Rouge in the voting, Air Canada would be at the bottom of the pile.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada

Last I saw on Skytrax rouge had a 20% approval rating and rouge was saying they had 96% approval. lol Air Canada owns and operates rouge so rouge should be part of Air Canada's rating. To be fair I do think Air Canada has improved it's cabin crew service and ground customer service in recent years.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada

As long as they* never bring back rouge to Barbados* - really don't mind what they do on other routes - if folks want to fly like sardines - fine by us - so whether 20% approval (sounds about right) - or a rather more inflated 96% rating - if other fliers want that --- go for it! - maybe the price has something to do with it...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada

We have been happy overall with AC, but Rouge has lowered our opinion of them as a company. However, they may redeem themselves in. Other areas, like the new 787. And as long as Barbados stays Rouge free, a

To of people will be happy.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada

I have never had any issues with AC in all the years I have traveled to Barbados. Well until this year when they left a bunch of luggage either in Barbados or sent it to Montreal. No big deal other then the delay at the airport but did manage to get money off my flight for 2015 so all is good.