We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

5 posts
Save Topic
Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Hi there,

I was in Barbados in May and was able to buy my groceries at the Big B store in Worthing and took the shuttle back to my hotel.

Does any of you know if the new Massy store offers the same shuttle service? Also do they do delivery?

I will be coming back in early September and I am in the process of making a budget. However the new supercentre website (Massy) is under construction and I don't have access to any product price.

This is essentially the list of items that I plan to get at the store:

Eggs (12)

Cheddar cheese slices (12)

Loaf of bread

Milk (3 litres)

Water (24 bottles - 500 ml each)

Butter (454 g)

Lemon juice (1L)

7 Mahi Mahi fish fillets

10 Flying fish

Blue marlin (1 pound)

Ground beef (1 pound)

Cucumbers

carrots

tomatoes

lettuce

salad dressing

toilet paper

box of granola bars

box of cereal

I would like to have a general idea of the price. If any of you would happen to have an actual flyer from the store that you could scan/take a picture of and email to me that would also be great.

Many thanks is advance for any help anyone can provide.

Peter

Edited: 25 July 2014, 09:20
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Peter M

I do believe the shuttles were being repainted to Massy Stores branding and should be on the road now. The new website still isn't ready as yet so no online ordering for the time being. I don't have specific pricing on several of the items you mentioned so it would be difficult to give exact prices.

Regards

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

BGI I truly appreciate your very quick reply.

I'm glad to hear that the shuttles should be available. I sent them a message through their Facebook account too so I will wait to see if they have some info about the prices.

Thanks again

Peter

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

I checked this afternoon and the shuttles have been rebranded and are fully operational.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Thanks for checking BGIWorldTraveler. I truly appreciate it!

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

BGI, Massy stores replied to my email. They said that I can just send them a list of the items that I want and they can have the items delivered on the day of my arrival. They will first give me the price list for all items.

Thanks again for your replied and help. Have a great day.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

I was at the B about 10 days ago, the shuttle was there but packed we ended up taking a taxi to the Gap for 15 bds...frozen flying fish was 5 for 7.99, milk 1 litre was 6.59, 15 eggs for 7.99 (normally 9.99) hot sauce 4.35 midas sunflower oil 1 litre 8.55, iceberg lettuce 5.95, romaine lettuce 3.99, purity flour 3.85, star chicks eggs (6) for 3.99, Banks beer 6 pack 13.75 plus 1.20 returnable deposit,small bag gala apples 5.95,cucumbers 4.15 a kg..mount gay rum eclipse silver 11.49, bread crumbs 2.59, peeled baby carrots 6.45, bananas 7.00 a kg (we paid 4.24 for a bunch of bananas around 10 small ones) ..beef and potato roti 8.40....pepsi cokes 1.85 each, we paid about 4.00 bds for about 12 local tomatoes..cant remember but think the 1 lb irish butter is 12.35.. try to buy local fruits and veggies, less expensive than the imported stuff...this all from a bill I kept...hope this helps a little....

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Go4happy wow! what an informative post.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to post all this info about the prices. Thanks so much.

I will be staying at Gentle breeze apartments which I've been told is across the road from the supermarket. I may end up just end up using one of the carts that they have available for the guests.

Many thanks again for all your help.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Peter M

Well done! Hope it all works out for you.

Regards

Grand Bend, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery store delivery or return shuttle

Is this in Barbadian Dollars?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,884 posts
70 reviews