We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly hotel on beach

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly hotel on beach

Hi,

I've read various reviews on TA and looking for additional thoughts on nice family friendly hotel.

What I'd like: on the beach, has activities available at the hotel, able to book tours, small kid friendly walking distance to restaurants and sights, other families/kids at hotel, rooms with fridge, coffee pot, microwave.

What I am considering is South Palms, bougainvillea, Accra. Divi southwinds or sea breeze.

Thoughts? Why might I want one over the other? What's going to give me the most bang for my buck? Keep in my, most important is fun for my son and easy walking around.

Thanks so much, TA is the best!

Mentioned in this post
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
452 Reviews
Barbados
Island Explorer Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Breezing Water Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

For location and ease of walking to restaurants etc then Southern Palms, Accra and Divi top the list. S Palms doesn't have a kids club but it is still child friendly. Not sure that you will get the microwave except at Divi and Bougainvillea. Bougainvillea has a good kids club and I think Accra does too.

Mentioned in this post
Southern Palms
Southern Palms
1,071 Reviews
Barbados
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
452 Reviews
Barbados
Bougainvillea Barbados
Bougainvillea Barbados
2,067 Reviews
Barbados
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

I think the Accra would be ideal for you. The location is first rate, it has all the amenities you require and it sits on an excellent beach and is easily accessible to the Richard Haynes Boardwalk which runs towards Hastings.

Mentioned in this post
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
452 Reviews
Barbados
Hastings
Hastings
Barbados
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Divi Southwinds could be right for you. It has 3 pools, tennis courts, a gym, 9 hole mini golf and a kid's play group. It's right in the middle of the Gap and is in easy walking distance to bars and restaurants.

Accra beach hotel would also be a good choice.

Mentioned in this post
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort
Divi Southwinds Beach...
610 Reviews
Barbados
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
1,668 Reviews
Barbados
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Just checked Divi's web page and it does say they have fully equipped kitchen's.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Cant agree more with you BRETTsk18,have stayed twice at the Divi,and had a great time,very good location,and loads for the kids.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 11:29
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Dennyandtony,

It was the case that the beach view rooms at Divi were in dire need of a refurb. Do you know if that has happened? If not then I'd guess the pool view rooms would be better. You may have more up to date info though?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

I would discount Bougainvillea and Sea Breeze only on the basis that they are not within walking distance of other places. The others are all ideally located for you, although I would probably go for Accra (not an island view room though) as I would prefer the Worthing/Hastings location to the Gap with children. There is a good choice of restaurants around and you even have Chilly Moos ice cream parlour opposite in Quayside. Plus you are right on the south coast road with good public transport if you wan tot go to other beaches etc.

Mentioned in this post
Bougainvillea Barbados
Bougainvillea Barbados
2,067 Reviews
Barbados
Sea Breeze Beach House
Sea Breeze Beach House
1,457 Reviews
Barbados
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
452 Reviews
Barbados
Worthing
Worthing
Barbados
Hastings
Hastings
Barbados
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Hi Almatt,,both times We stayed there it was a pool facing room ,then facing the main road at the back,what was called a garden room.This was infact a more interesting view than many sea views we`ve had in the past,As for the sea facing rooms ,I`m fairly sure they were refurbished,didn`t go in them ,despite passing by them every day or so, on the way to the superbly located beach restaurant/bar,over the road.After that we moved on to the Souhern Palms,which would be ok in my view with children,and the Maresol which were in a great location,with fantastic levels of comfort,and its own little beach,but not much to keep children happy

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

The monkeys that often play in grounds at Divi in the early morning and early evening are very entertaining .

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family friendly hotel on beach

Thank you all. I am thinking the Accra will meet our needs. I was informed the Divi is not on the beach and that is also something we would want. I am just waiting confirmation from Accra that they can accommodate a late arrival checkin. Thanks so much for all responses.

I apologize for my double post....i didnt see any responses, so I reposted.

You are such a big help!

Mentioned in this post
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
452 Reviews
Barbados