We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

This is an odd and specific request but I'm looking for a supermarket or shop to buy some big bags of Funyuns (the yellow onion ring crisps/chips) to take home, as you can't buy them in the UK (I like snacks). In or around Bridgetown.

I've found some places that sell small bags but not any that have the larger sharing bags. I got some last year in Barbados but that was a different part of the island unfortunately!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

I don't have an answer for you but I want to nominate your post as BEST POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

When you get a hankerin'...

Good luck finding your Funyuns!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

Hahahahah . I bought some Funyuns a few years back at the grocery store in Oistens and my partner was appalled. I then proceeded to forget them at my hotel when I flew back. My delicious plane snack was left in the baggage room at the hotel. Partner was happy. I miss them ;-)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,787 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

bearclawss

You can get them at any Massy Stores Supermarket. So the nearest to Bridgetown would be at Rendevous, Christ Church.

Regards

London, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

I don't even know what "Funyuns" are, but you can be sure I'll be looking when I'm there in January. Collins Pharmacy on Broad Street in downtown Bridgetown has the most amazing selection of candies, cookies snacks, chips, chocolate etc - and all sizes too. They seem to have all brands, lots of US and British as well as from some of the other islands. The store is always busy - think the locals that work downtown buy their treats for lunch and coffee breaks there. You can even buy one of Collins' big blue reusable bags and no one will guess that you're just a kid who spent their whole allowance in a candy store. Also, don't limit your shopping to just inside the store; some of the best from the Islands is located through the doors on the left and down the back! Mind you, I've never been there myself, just heard about it - wink wink!

Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

Thanks for all the replies everyone! We are on a searching mission today and I shall report back ;)

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

Oh that made me laugh so much!

You may also like to seek out a snack which looks like feet. I called them Cheesy Feet, (not sure of official title) and they are addictive I warn you!!!

Good luck and thanks for making me laugh!!

Emelda

Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

I'm glad to have made so many people smile haha!

Just back from shopping now, Massy is definitely the best place to go! We stopped in Trimart as well as it was on our way, but Funyuns selection very poor, only one bag. Glad we went to Massy as well (the Rendevouz one), they had a really good selection and I even managed to get some hot Cheetos, another one of my favourite American snacks :) So very happy!! Thanks for the tips everyone! :)

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

I wish I could Like!! LOL!!!

Well done! Snack heaven.

Emelda

9. Re: Place to buy Funyuns in Bridgetown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17