We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Well, I tried emailing and calling the Lonestar to see what they have going on for Old Year's Eve but no one is getting back to me. So now I'm thinking that this is a sign that my husband and I should be moving our little party of two to Holetown. We're looking for a very fun dining and dancing experience. We're not sure if we should spend most of the evening at the Tides or if we should have dinner at The Mews and then check out the street party and maybe Priva or Limegrove Bar for dancing. This is our first time spending New Years on the West coast and we want it to be amazing. My birthday is on Xmas so we usually celebrate it on New Years. So I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts on if we should reserve The Mews or the Tides. We know The Tides is very expensive and that's fine with us but that doesn't always mean it's the best choice. Any help with this decision greatly appreciated. :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Vickie

Only for the party atmosphere outside, I would say to with the Mews. I find the Lonestar generally takes a long time to respond to emails, but in any event, their NYE celebration is always one of the most expensive and exclusive on the island.

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

I have booked a table for Old Years night at Tides. The restaurant is also within strolling distance to 1st and 2nd Street. This is the first time we have booked at Tides for Old Years so am hoping it is going to be good.

This is what is included :

1. 7 course meal specially created by Chef & Owner Mr. Guy Beasley

2. Party favours- Hats, Tiaras, Masks & Noise Makers

3. Midnight balloon drop

4. Our own Spectacular 4 minute fireworks display on the ocean

5. Music and dancing

We then plan to stroll along the beach to the Street party in Holetown.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Babiface

What is the cost of that?

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

The cost is BDS$800 per person.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

That's a lot of money but I think it's a lot less than what The Lone Star will be. We booked The Tides. We'll wait to see if The Lone Star emails back but at least we secured a reservation at a good party. We just might see you there Babiface! :))

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Vickie

Were you asked for a credit card number to secure your booking?

I have asked for a railside table in the 'treetop' area so fingers crossed I will get it. Booked it just over a month a go.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Yes, we reserved with credit card. Maybe I should ask for the same type of table. Sounds nice.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

Babiface

I reckon that is a reasonable price for all that is included. You should have fun.

Regards

Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

My wife and I have also booked a table at Tides for Old Years Eve. Having had fantastic meals here on previous visits to Barbados we can't wait to celebrate the New Year here. Looking forward to the party!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Mews or The Tides for Old Year's Eve?

I cant wait! It should be a great night!