We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple Barbados Questions

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Multiple Barbados Questions

Hello All,

In March/April 2007, WI is home to the 2007 World Cup Cricket tournament. My friends and I are planning a trip there and need some advice.

Here is our plan and my questions

1). 4 of us, all males, plan on leaving Atlanta for Barbados on April 18, 2007.

I would like some advice on hotels in the range of $150-200 per night, nothing fancy. Either 4 in 1 room (not preferred) or 2 in each room

2). Match on April 19 in Barbados

3). April 20, our wives arrive with kids. We will then check out of the economy hotel mentioned in #1 and into a kids friendly resort.

Need some advice here. Don't have budget here yet, but wanetd somem pointers as to what we could be looking at. Don't want anything fancy. Would consider something between 200-300. I am sure that would be too less during a major event such as the world cup.

Anybody has any links tips to any websites that i can check for timeshare rentals ?.

4). April 21, match in Barbados.

5). April 24, wives and family leave for home. At this stage, we would prefer to check out of the resort and back into something more economical.

6). April 25, fly to St Lucia for a match and return in the evening.

What are my options for this inter-island travel ?. Any ferries ?. Any domestic airlines ?. Air Jamaica sems to have no avaliability.

7). April 26. fly back to Atlanta.

At this stage I would like some basic information about approx rates etc, if possible. I am sure we will have to make our reservations ASAP or we will not get anything worthwhile.

Please give me whatever information you have, even if it is very tiny !!!!

Thanks in advance

VR

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Island Explorer Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Breezing Water Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

You won't find cheap rates at this stage because most hotels are using the Winter Rates until the end of the World Cup. Another thing is that most hotels are already fully booked but I will list some you can contact.

Question 1 - South Beach Resort, Sandy Bay Beach Club, Rostrevor Apartments, Butterfly Beach Hotel, Blue Horizon, Blue Orchids and Coral Mist

Question 2 - I'm assuming by kid friendly, you might be looking at all inclusive as well.

Accra and Amaryllis I'd recommend for sure. But the others will be over $200 for sure.

Hilton Barbados (very good for kids) (excellent location, 15 minutes from cricket ground)

Almond Beach Village (excellent for kids) all inclusive (far away from cricket ground)

Turtle Beach Resort.

When the kids go back, you can return to the hotel you were at first. Coral Mist is nice but may already be full.

For inter-island travel, you can choose from LIAT, Caribbean Star and Air Jamaica that will all have flights in Saint Lucia. Please note Air Jamaica flies to Hewannora International which is about 3 hours drive from the cricket ground there. The other two airlines go to the George F L Charles Airport which is in Castries the capital and is about 30 minutes from Beausejour, the cricket stadium.

I hope the other airlines have availability, it will be difficult at this juncture.

Rates will be high, especially Hilton and ABV but they are good for kids. Book today if possible

I really hope this helps and I would like Scary and Sunniebgi to share their opinions with you as well.

Javon

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

as Sniper said alot have already secure bookings and filling up....for your boys only part if you have no luck, maybe try the lesser known lodgings, for example Piartes Inn which doesn't generally appar in the brochures here at all. It's just behind the coast road if you were going from Accra beach towards Bridgetown, so whilst you won't be paying high rates like beach front place, your still very much on top of eateries, the bus system, beach etc.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

Thanks a lot !!!!!.

The informatuion is great !!!! And although we expected the hotels to get sold out, I am surprised that I am not able to get anything during that time. Carol Mist has no rooms, the Hilton is sold out. I have sent Pirates Inn an email, but will call them if I don't hear from them.

Meanwhile, please let me know if you know of any other places, I would like to see if they have rooms !!!. Not too worried about the family accomodation right now. The primary focus is cricket !!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

Here's a list of Barbados guest houses that you can contact.

www.barbados.org/gstname.htm

I'd expect that Hilton would be sold out first as it is the best hotel near to the ground.

Javon

Minneapolis, MN
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

Hi!

I was looking for similar information and found it here so thanks a bunch.

I had a few more questions. How do you get around in Barbados? Buses? Taxis? How much is the fare? If you take a taxi to the Kensington Oval from a place 20 mins away, how much the fare would be?

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

Woudl anyone know how far is Bathsheba, St Joseph from the cricket stadium

Thanks !!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

Sorry, I meant to ask, how far away is the Barbados (Kensington Oval) Cricket stadium from Bathsheba, St. Joseph.

Thanks !

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

There is a flat fare of US$0.75 (B$1.50) on all the bus routes - however far you're going. Have the right change ready when you board. Buses can get very crowded late afternoon / early evening.

Taxis are much more expensive, than buses, but much more comfortable.

From Bathsheba to Kensington Oval is about 10 miles, and I don't think that there is a direct bus route between the two. Also, bear in mind that when cricket is being played, the traffic can be horrendous.

Good luck.

9. Re: Multiple Barbados Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 19:18