We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

Just thought to ask this... is there a crafts and/or farmer's market? If so, when/where? I always enjoy going to them wherever I travel. Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

There are several around the island.. sort of..

Brightons Farmers Market in St. George is one that happens every Saturday morning between 7am and 12noon.. it's in the middle of the island and is mainly fruits and veggies... they do have a small market of crafts etc and a coffee bar (Pilebucks coffee - Pile is the name of the owner of the farmers market)

In Bridgetown you can find veggie markets around.. and with that you will find crafts as well.

Pelican Village, I think might be the only place that is a real crafts market, and even that is more small shops locally owned with local crafts in them.. mostly.

You will also find crafts markets located at various spots.. or local crafts people just setting up on the side of the road in areas, trying to sell their items.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

Thanks again Sunni - That's good... we'll find stuff then. I always enjoy looking at local wares.

love "pilebucks" - kinda funny actually when you compare it to the other "bucks"... they should be "pile-O-bucks" eh? lol.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

Pelican Village is an excellent place for craft. The Cheapside market, also in Bridgetown is a good place for farmer's produce.

Javon

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

also some of the hotels arrange say one day a week for local craftsmen/women onto the premises, they'll set up in the lobby or round the pool.

On our first vist we all ordered made to measure leather sandles....well, my son basically lived in his flop flops style ones that had been made, he would even be climbing trees in them etc. Unforunetly, after a good 6 months of hard wearing, the toe thong part finally broke and we had to keep gluing them!! We tried to track the guy down on our second visit to get more various sizes made up but we never got to find him.

5. Re: Is there a crafts/Farmer's market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 01:17