We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barbados

Miami Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
barbados

I am planning to visit Barbados during April 2007 for the cricket world cup.

Is there any place you can get cheap ooms to stay. all the hotels are asking $150- S300 a day.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barbados

Everything on the island is gone, and there was never anything "cheap" I'm afraid. More than 90% of the hotels exteneded their winter rates until the first week of May just for the CWC.

You'll have to depend on accomodation aboard the Carnival Destiny or with a local family and details of these haven't been made official as yet.

Javon

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: barbados

Hi Crickettraveller

I know there is availability with The Legend Garden Condos Mullins Beach, West Coast for the 1 - 9th April, give them a call and they might be able to help you out, not sure of prices though. I was only speaking with Delia last week and she advised they still have that available so you still might be lucky.

There contact number is (246) 422-8369

Good luck

Jenny

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barbados

but the final is April 28th and for that period of dates everything's gone.

Javon

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barbados

Genetic, not true, everything is not gone. I know that up until a few days ago Little Arches and Little Bay had some availability, but I don't think you could get them for less than $150-$300.00 a day.

Also I have to suggest that you refrain from making comments such as "everything's gone" as though that is a fact. This is very misleading as you have no possible way to know that, maybe the large resorts (no doubt you will inform us as to the exact statistics of Hiltons popularity/ availability at this time) are sold out, but I suspect that some of the smaller, lesser-known hotels have some availability. Some to try would be Oceans 11 in St. Lawrence Gap and Zed's surf condos at www.zedssurftravel.com (both clean, nice and very reasonable).You could also do a search on expedia for your exact dates and you may have some luck. I just tried that for the month of April and did get quite a few results.

Good luck!

NORTH WEST
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barbados

I agree Inbarbados Genetic is saying 'everything is gone' for flights and accomm in Dec/Jan, Virgin has flight availability every day from London and loads of rooms in ABV and ABC. I dont know where he gets his info sometimes, but on the other he is very helpful in lots of other ways.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: barbados

Developer.

I never said flights were all gone for december and january. I SPECIFICALLY said that Virgin flights between december 31st and january 2nd were heavily booked. that is only 3 days, i never said the entire two months, (read read read, understand and then respond.)

Also, I recently recommended ABV and Hilton to a family and they reported that there was NO availability for that period at either and I NEVER once said that all acommodation was gone for christmas.

I had a survery to do for school, and contated 45 properties enquiring about accommodation from April 25th to April 30 2007 and all 45 said they were FULL. that's where my information comes from.

You need to read before you respond.

InBarbados

members ask for CHEAP accommodation, emphasis on the world CHEAP, I have an excellent grasp of the english language, therefore, when someone asks for CHEAP accommodation I'll naturally respond and say that cheap accommodation is all GONE. I'm not going to recommend condominums because persons have been asking for one and two night stays and no hotels on this island are allowing people to stay one or two days, they want minimum 3 or sometimes minimum 5 days.

The both of you

Do not twist anything I have said on this forum. Direct questions are posed and direct answers are given.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barbados

InBarbados

Cricket traveler asked

Is there any place you can get cheap ooms to stay. all the hotels are asking $150- S300 a day.

InBarbados said

Genetic, not true, everything is not gone. I know that up until a few days ago Little Arches and Little Bay had some availability, but I don't think you could get them for less than $150-$300.00 a day.

What was achieved here? He asked for cheap accommodation. I said there was none. You replied and said that wasnt true and then contradicted yourself by saying "i don't think you'll get them cheaper than 150-300 a night"

st.lawrence gap...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: barbados

i agree everything is not gone time out at the gap has some rooms available,further down is oceans 11 and sun n sea apts where you can get a room for 80 barbados. also still not full

hey school doesnt teach you everything kiddo

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: barbados

I CWC Final is April 28th and it is a certainty that CHEAP rooms for the FINAL are gone.

$80BDS you say? I'll be investigating that tommorow. Hope you're not talking about a galvanise shed.

i just called Oceans 11. There is a studio with single beds available in April for $150USD + tax nightly......$80BDS you said?

The member clearly wanted something cheaper than that which is what I have been trying to say. It's not that everything's full, its that nothing cheap is available.

I'll be contacting Time Out tommorow, it was one of the properties I contacted and I was informed by their central reservations department that rooms were available but not for the latter part of April. Once again, the final is April 28th and not just anytime in April.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: barbados

Calm down Genetic,

I think the reason you have been jumped all-over is the wide sweep of "everything is gone" or words to that effect.

I'm sure there probably are still a few rooms around but they will be hard to find, and people may have to change accommodation during their stay.

When people are asking for cheap accommodation, I don't really think they expect to get it during times of such things as the World Cup Cricket - they know it's unlikely!. Having said that I do know that an awful lot of places have not increased their prices specifically for that time although there are others who have gone overboard, and shame on them basically!

Sarah