We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Sunniebgi

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
562 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
To Sunniebgi

I read your report on places to eat and you mentioned that 39Steps was the first place your husband took you out 16 years ago...well that is a coincidence because that is one of our favorite places to eat and we also discovered it 16 years ago...and we frequent it several times in our visit...hope its still serving there great "seafood crepes".....regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Sunniebgi

well thats really funny...

and yes I believe the crepes are still part of the menu. as is the Steak and Kidney Pie and Blackend Fish and Salad. and lasagna (all really good choices).

They have over the years changed the face of things. I'm sure if you have visited recently, you may know they have gone from the "chalkboard menu" to a real set menu (as in the paper form). Unfortunately the menu didn't change much, so being able to go in on a Friday night and having something different (cause the menu changed) doesn't really happen anymore.

They have currently been renovating over the last month (they traditionally take September off), so while we missed our anniversary dinner there (we went to Zen at the Crane and had great sushi instead), I'm hoping to take the family there for my birthday in early October.

The best part is that we have 3 children and our oldest went there for the first time when she was 2 weeks old. (she is now 10 1/2). They always are accommodating on the kids foods, chopping and changing items to fix a plate for them (steak and fries or chicken and rice.. but no fancy sauces etc).. and never a problem..

Monica runs a great Restaurant.. and we still love it.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: To Sunniebgi

Interesting name for the restaurant. The really old movie of the same name was on TV a week or so ago. Read the book more years ago than I like to admit. Any connection?

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Sunniebgi

You do have to go up a flight of stone steps to the door of the restaruant.....but not 39 of them LOL.....probably about about 16 or so.....their Thai coconut prawn curry is lovely.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Sunniebgi

Actually I think if you counted the original steps it came to 39 , which is why the name.. Not sure if that completely correct.. but makes a nice story.. (not all 39 at one time.. but it's a double staircase..)

5. Re: To Sunniebgi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:18