We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Is this a good show? Is it in a theatre setting or is it more like Oistens? Where is the show and does anyone know what nights it operates?

Is it a must see while in Barbados? Do you have to book far in advance?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Dan

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

It is a very good show. I've been there twice.

It is more of a theatre setting.

The show takes place at the Plantation Garden Theatre which is right opposite Divi Southwinds.

Last time I checked it was Wednesdays and Fridays for the show.

I label as a must see but not of absolute necessity.

You can make reservations online at https:/…reservations.cfm

you'll get a nice 15% discount if you book one week in advance of going.

the webpage is theplantation.bb

I hope this helps

Javon

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Hi Dan,

Roots & Rythms is definitely worth seeing - it's held on Wednesdays and Fridays at the Plantation Restaurant in St. Lawrence (not the Gap however). The theatre is covered but also open to the elements so it doesn't feel closed in. The band and show are very good and the drinks are included - and they keep flowing - if you opt for dinner as well, it is a traditional Bajan fare and very good. You can book it when you arrive, unless it's Christmas time then I would say book ahead.

The price includes transport, dinner, drinks and show, unless you opt for show and drinks only.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Sounds awesome! Thanks to you both.

Dan

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Hi Tanner

I was there in July/August of this year, and I went to see it, and it was an awesome show, well worth seeing, the food was great, and you can get plenty of it if you like, also the drinks kept on coming all night, and the show kept you entertained the whole way thru, it was very interesting and very entertaining. Well worth it you will love it

Jen

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Hi Dan, friends of ours went to the Bajan Roots & Rhythm show in February and said the food, drinks, music and performances were all awesome. I think they said it was around $75US per person for the dinner/show and transportation to/from the hotel. The show itself is around $45. In terms of "must do" activities in Barbados they suggested:

Bajan Roots and Rhythm show, Oistens on Friday night, Island tour including Harrison's Caves and the east coast ( they also stopped at Mount Gay for a rum tour which was okay but not one of the better rum tours they've been on), they also highly recommended the Atlantis Submarine tour and the Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruise. For dinner they suggested, The Cliff, The Tides and The Restuarant at Southsea.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Tanner2305,

My wife and I went to the Bajan Roots & Rhythm show when we were there on our honeymoon in October.

The show itself is very impressive. They mix a bunch of different performances together and it works out great.

Both of us however we're too fond of the food. Yes, there's plenty of food to go around, however had we known that we could have opted only for the show, we would have stopped at the Gap for dinner, then proceeded to the show.

Oh, the drinks keep on flowing the whole night.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Canuck visitor.. Hope you had a great time in Barbados in October! What would you recommend as a "must do"?

home sweet home
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Aww, shucks! I'm sorry we missed this show. Maybe next trip.

home sweet home
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

Aww, shucks! I'm sorry we missed this show. Maybe next trip.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bajan Roots & Rhythm show

probit...

We had such a nice time in Barbados that all the things that we did we enjoyed.

The one activity I enjoyed best was Cool Runnings Catamaran. The snorkling and the time on the water was great. There was about 25-30 people on the Catamaran that day; it wasn't that crowded but i think 20-25 people would have been much better.

In terms of restaurants, we visited many on our stay. My top three restaurants that I would recommend not including the Cliff) would be: L'Acajou, Daphnes & Olives.

I'm going to be posting my trip (hopefully soon).

Enjoy