We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas and new year in barbados 2007

warrington...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
christmas and new year in barbados 2007

not sure if we will get to barbados this year, we have left it quite late..so i would love to spend either christmas and new year..or just new year in barbados. i was talking to someone who did this for less than £1000 each all inclusive for 14 nites..where should i go to get a great deal?? virgin website is coming up with £1600 each for 2 adults and 2 kids staying at the silver sands...help

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

wow...that £1000 per head was a good deal, did they get that at Silver Sands too ?? As everything at Christmas the prices go sky high, and you'll find that extras costs are included for what they call "gala nights" etc. When we went to Amaryllis a couple of Christmas back we paid £6,500 for 2 adults and 2 kids, yet only paid £4,500 when we were there the immediate April before the Christmas trip...so a big difference.

Have you tried Sandy Bay, it's in the same league star/price wise to Silver Sands. Other than that maybe you'll have to hope a late deal comes up. When I've check the Virgin Mega Deals in the past they tend to be mainly 7 nights or RO, under a oner. Hopefully the others here may have an idea for you....I don't think getting a flight separtley then hotel direct would work as again the flight prices at Christmas are totally ridiculos and seats are booked months and months in advance so you would have a better chance getting it as part of a package. .....see what the others here suggest.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

hi there sexysenorita1 how about going self catering that would work out a lot cheaper rgds

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

Finding that package for 1000 sterling won't be easy now. You might be better off buying a charter package.

Javon

Wales
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

going to Butterfly Beach for 1,059 each flying on Xmax day for 14 nights with Thomsons. Virging wanting nearly 600 each extra for samr deal!!!

warrington...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

where are you staying?? and did you book online or in the shop??

warrington...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

sorry didnt read it properly.. anyway the online price im getting from thomson is 4,707 for southern palms room only..thats only for 7 nights..cant find butterfly beach on the website..help plz

home sweet home
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

I'm so envious.

8. Re: christmas and new year in barbados 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 00:16