We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

google earth Barbados

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
google earth Barbados

being new to computers (and possibly a bit thick) i have just discovered this FREE download you can zoom in to anywhere so i tried BDS & there it was! a must for Barbados/travel nuts like me/usif everyone already knows forgive me!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: google earth Barbados

welcome to the fabulous world of computers john....

No not trying to be funny, but they are a wonderful tool.

Unfortunately the Google Earth site of Barbados is also a little behind the times.. not sure how far. It was taken likely sometime in the last 2 years (because I can find my childrens school and we have a new auditorium that was built and finished just under 2 years ago and it's on the map), but Kennsington Oval redevelopment is not showing, so the photo's are likely about 1 year old..

but still.. it's Bim as we say (Barbados to the rest of the world).

Enjoy.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
680 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: google earth Barbados

I just love Google Earth but in fairness the whole program is pretty out of date.

For example ny old car (sold 2002) is still in the driveway of my house when I google my address!!!

But it just shows you how brilliant it is, that you can EVEBN see a car clearly is quite amazing!! And what a brilliant idea JOHNTHEDOG, I am about to google for Peach and Quiet right now!!!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: google earth Barbados

I found my house on it a while back - pretty cool!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: google earth Barbados

...that's funny, we were comparing too the cars on our driveway.....we worked out the London one to be about 5 years old.....and sadly also NYC as you can see the ground zero crater not the twin towers.

I like to look in on web cams too, pretty much all last week I was following a friend around the caribbean this way, unfortuntely one of the Islands was very chopped and I'd guessed they wouldn't be able to dock, yet checking it today, exactly one week on, theres six ships in..........techology eh!!!

Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: google earth Barbados

I cannot seem to figure out how to use the google map to get Barbados, could someone please tell me how to do it.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: google earth Barbados

The Google Earth app mentioned above offers a lot of features but it's more than what most folks need or want. You can view the same satellite imagery (and zoom in/out) using Google's web page without downloading or installing an application.

Go here:

http://maps.google.com

When displayed, type "Barbados" in the search box and press the Enter key. Click the "Satellite" button in the upper right corner to display the image.

Then, use the "+" and "-" buttons to zoom in or out. Click and drag your cursor to move the image around within the window. While zoomed in, the blue box in the lower right corner shows the relationship between your zoomed view and the rest of the island.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: google earth Barbados

bp - I couldn't get lower enough to view, my computer said could not zoom in enough.

Have got The Escape Hotel & Spa on the west coast (where we've stayed 7 times) on Google Earth, though. I think I was told recently that Google Earth is about five years old, so anything later will not show.

Looking at the site makes want to be back in Barbados even more!!!

8. Re: google earth Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 06:23