We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

I've just got back from Barbados. Most companies deliver the car to your hotel and will collect from the hotel when you have finished with the car. You might consider arranging this and just hopping in a cab from the airport to your accommodation ?

We rented from Fat Jacks car rental, they were pleasant and easy to deal with. The car was a bit of a clunker though (a moke). I would advise you against a moke, as it wasn't the best car for some of the poorly maintained back roads ! If I were renting again I'd go for a 4WD.

Have a great holiday

Helen

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

HI there,

I am familiar with Fat Jacks - and as I always say "you get what you pay for" nuff said!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

When we go to BDS we usually stay in the St. Peter area have always found" Drive-a-matic"in Holetown/ sunset crest to be most helpful they even delivered a"jeep" to the cruise terminal so we could get a quick "BDS fix"before flying home! I strongly agree about "mokes" get a jeep. I asked a very wet person why didn't you stop & put the roof up?no point it's coming through the floor!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,247 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

You do pay for what you get when renting a car. We found that MAH car rentals offers a great quality car/vehicle at reasonable prices, the cars are clean and well maintained.. As most car rentals they deliver and pick up.

They can be contacted at (246)427-1952 or 436-7189 e mail mahcarrentals@sunbeach.net

We always call around but consistently find MAH has what we want. The only advice I could give beyond that is book a car early as the hight season is starting and with CWC events cars will be scarce.

Hope this helps,

Canby

Market Harborough
Level Contributor
187 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

Canby

Thanks for the information on MAH car rentals. I have just e-mailed them asking for a quote.

Regards

Paul

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

We got a jeep through Stoutes and they were great too.

6. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2007, 13:28
7. Re: car hire

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2008, 16:51
8. Re: car hire

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 18:20