We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worthing Beach - eastern end

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Worthing Beach - eastern end

I've read that the calmer area of Worthing beach is located at the eastern end of the beach. Could you please tell me if the eastern end is close to the Coral Mist or is that more towards the westen end.

How far is it to walk from the Coral Mist to the calmer sea?

Thanks,

Dan

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,217 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

All of Worthing Beach is calm. The eastern end has a slight coral outcropping that at low tide you can walk around in the water and high tide there is a pathway with steps to go around it. Starting at the coral out cropping is the beginning of a very shallow coral reef which acts as a small barrier creating a pool like effect at low tide.

Just past there are some hotels such as Sandy Beach, then you get to Crystal Waters and a bit farther Caribe Bar, all on the beach. Everything is calm and the beach is quite gradual. There has been some erosion recently so two rock jetties (best describes it) have been built to reduce the erosion problem.

Coral Mist is on Worthing Beach, on the west end and you just walk out and you're there. The beach itself is relatively wide at low tide.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it in comparison to the weather you've had in the past 24 hours.

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

Well we just got back from 2 weeks at Coral Mist and the sea wasn't calm at all (unlike the year before). There were quite big waves, it wasn't too bad once you were out but getting in and out of the sea where the waves broke was tricky, many people were caught by the wave and thrown to the sand. Fun if you're 15 but not so much fun at 55 IMO!

It was a bit calmer up the eastern end of the beach. Only about 5 mins walk.

The beach is about 1/2 the width or less to what it was last year. You can't walk round to Sandy Beach/ Carib Beach Bar. In front of Coral Mist at low tide there is plenty of room for the sunbeds, but not at high tide. One day my husband and I were the last to stick it out on the beach and the sea came right up to the wall and a wave splashed over us so we gave up and retreated to the gardens !

However, the nice thing about Coral Mist is that there is plenty of room in the gardens and around the pool for sunbeds.

And who can predict what the sea/tides will do next ? It was full moon while we were there so that may have influenced the tides ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

Thanks (I think) for update officeworker. You're right I'm sure this varies week to week so I'm not going to worry too much about the waves.

Are you going to post a extended review of Barbados and the Coral Mist? I look forward to reading it.

Thanks,

dan

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

Dan the waves might have been a bit wild this year but that didn't affect our enjoyment at all-in fact as soon as we got back we booked Blue Ochids/Coral Mist again for next year.

My husband in fact really enjoyed the waves, thought they were great fun, esp.with the body boards available at the hotel. As you say, I'm sure it changes week-to-week anyway.

It's a great hotel,lovely grounds, wonderful staff, you'll have a great time. I won't post a report on the hotel, I think I've done one in the past. Anyway there are plenty of complementary reports on the site !

The only thing new this year which I can highly recommend is the revamped Champers just a 2-minute walk away. The food and the situation overlooking the water are excellent. We found the prices very reasonable too, compared to somewhere like Southsea. We paid approx 200 BDS for 2 people, for 2 courses, a bottle of wine, and 2 coffees. One starter I particularly enjoyed was camembert baked in puff pastry with spiced apples, but all the food was top quality.

Have fun !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

OF - thanks for your message. Waves or not we're bound to have a great time in beautiful Barbados and at the Coral Mist.

I've already taken the liberty of booking Champers, Cafe Luna and Beliinins. Still on the radar screen is Southsea and The Tides.

Truthfully as much as we like fine dining we're just as happy visiting a pub with great food or a highly recommended street vendor.

10 days to go..........................

6. Re: Worthing Beach - eastern end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 12:24