We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious...

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Curious...

Why is Sandy Bay resort/hotel sooooo much more expensive than Amaryllis...what is better?

Curiousity is killing me here.

:) Thanks

Port St. Lucie, FL
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Curious...

Hi crazdtow,

I am definitely not an expert on Barbados, but while I was researching for places to say, I believe I found that Sandy Bay's prices are all-inclusive, where Amaryllis' prices are only for the hotel room, and then you add on the extras...I definitely don't know which is better, though.

Steph

2. Re: Curious...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2007, 00:59
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Curious...

It's just so confusing here in the US!! I was wrong, it is more expensive at the Amaryllis for AI then Sandy Bay.

Normally it's either all inclusive or not, here it's like breakfast, no breakfast etc., lol.

I think I got it now and I think it's going to be Amaryllis for us.

So now I will have 2 trips booked in advance, I think I'm getting a little too travel happy, god forbid I could just stay home!!

I have the island bug for sure. OH well I waited an awful long time to get 3 weeks vacation and I'm using it!!!!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Curious...

Hey Rockley, thank you. To be honest with you I was told several times that for a family of 4 it would get expensive to eat pretty quickly. I got what I think is a really good price on the Amyrillis (vs. what they quoted me) and it looks beautiful.

Having two kids in tow AI is simply the easier way to go but I was open to either. I do not want to spend my holiday cooking though!!

This will give me a chance to meet Barbados and explore while we are there and then if we choose to come back again we will know where we want to stay, eat etc.

:) I'm excited already.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curious...

well i am glad you have made your choice .and cant wait to get going ,i know how you feel, we are going again in may ,and like you cant wait , mind you we spent a month there in november .on the point os self catering ,sorry i didnt mean that you were tied to the cooker all day ,there are so many places to eat on the island ,and more than enough in the area you are going to ,you can spend as little or as much as you like .i must admit that we used to go a/l in the early days ,that was before we found our feet ,and havnt looked back since .well have a lovelly time . warm breezes steve

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Curious...

Rockley,

Is it okay for us to post our personal web sites for our rental property? I thought that was prohibited. Or is it just that we can't solicit?

Thanks.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curious...

Hey Crazdtow.....that's funny I've been speaking to you on the Jamacian board, we're going to be neighbours in the cottages at the same time......and we have been to Amaryllis too. It was a few years since we stayed there and it was just as they were opening after the big refit and name change, so I couldn't tell you how things are now with service kidsclub etc. However, one thing for sure is that the beach is fab and with the breakwater reef/barrier it's very safe for the kids and your within easy reach of Bridgetown or along to Rockley or the Gap. It's easy to jump on the buses and whizz up and down and there are loads of trips out that would be great for the kids, swim with turtles, submarine, wildlife park etc etc

Here's a link to our pictures to show how the beach and smooth ocean was;

http://lara9345.fotopic.net/c714272.html

Are you going before or after JA ?

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curious...

Hi there bpfife

Do you have a place to rent

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curious...

crazdtow

Personally, I think Amaryllis is a better hotel than Sandy Bay. That is just my opinion.

Javon

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Curious...

You guys are great, thanks. And I didn't mean anything bad about not going AI, I just think with my brats, I meant kids, it would be a bit easier until they get older. I still plan on walking into town and do plenty of exploring so we will get both worlds.

Lara: Yes I have been seeing you on the Jamaica boards!! I was thinking about that too. I see Suz too. We are going there the end of March, going to Barbados the middle of August, I can't wait. I just want to see some other places as well but I do love Jamaica.

I think after I've been to Barbados I will have a better feel if I want to go non AI next time, I like to go once, learn and then know.

Do you visit Barbados often? I would love to email you privately if you dont mind giving me your email or I can give you mind.

And ahhh a month on an island....I could only dream!!!!!

-Havent signed on the xx yet but will tomorrow or Friday, yippeeeee!!