We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridgetown

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Bridgetown

Hi there, my parner and i are visiting Barbados in Fenruary 2009 for the cricket. Can you please tell me which area of Bridgetown the Kensington Oval is? Also any hotels/apartments near the ground please

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Kensington Oval
Kensington Oval
324 Reviews
Barbados
Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridgetown

The ground is near the Cruise terminal & is in a commercial area, nothing there to stay at as far as I know & if there is you probably wouldn't want to!

It won't be all cricket so stay somewhere you want to -transport is easy bus /cab /hire car,enjoy the island while you are there.

No offence intended but there are maps you can look at on here to give you an idea of the lay of the land or try "google maps/earth."

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridgetown

Kensington Oval is in the Fontebelle area of Bridgetown. Buses from the West Coast go past the ground and Buses from the South Coast drop you off in town with about 10-15mins walk to the ground. When you consider it will be a party atmosphere on route to Kensington the walk will soon pass and you can always pick up a cold drink and snack on the way. Just follow the fans!!

Mentioned in this post
Kensington Oval
Kensington Oval
324 Reviews
Barbados
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
3. Re: Bridgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown