We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

Hi:Driving to almond beach village Wife and I will be picking up a rental car at airport Dec 15.

Being Canadian never driven on left side of road.Just wondering how crazy the drive would be on Friday around 3:00. Would I be better off taking a cab and having the car dropped off.

thanks

Mississauga
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

Thanks guys for all the advice!

And Sunnie thanks for reminding me Monday is the 15th

Whish it was Friday!Going to take the van to and from ABV.Taking a rental for 5 days.

Thanks and bye for now

London
Level Contributor
35 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

Driving in Barbados is nothing like driving in the UK.(also on the left)....the first thing you notice in Barbados is how painfully slowly they all drive everywhere...also Bridgetown is a very very small place...so even if it does get congested its not really a problem....the Bajans are one of the friendliest people you can meet..so you can stop anyone anywhere at any time to ask for directions if you get lost....and although places like Bridgetown might look scary to a Canadian or to an American on holiday, its perfectly safe....there is little crime in Barbados (apart from what the tend to smoke ??!!....) and violent crime is almost unheard of. Enjoy your holiday....

Roseville, CA
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

What about the drive from the airport to the Hilton?

Is this a pretty easy trek?

We have the car rented for 2 weeks, but in reading some of the posts in this thread, and depending on how difficult it is to get to the Hilton, we may want to take a taxi and get the car the next day.

We arrive on Sunday, Feb 15th, around 3:00 p.m. Not sure how long to deplane, get luggage, go through customs, etc.

But if someone wouldn't mind telling me if this is a relatively easy drive (to the Hilton), I would be most appreciative.

Thanks1

Dawn

14. Re: Canadian Driver scary Driving On Left Hand Side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:17