We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

Hi,

I've got the sea cruise sewn up now, is there anyone who can reccommend an island tour ie safari 4x4 jeep half day trip ( got to be suitable for 6 year old but interesting enough for 2 adults). wouldn't mind a bit of history but dont want to be bogged down am considering the sunday bus tour with the public bus any good reviews as ive heard it's a bargain.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,785 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

The island tours with a company are great, however some just have small seats and you bounce around quite a bit. I wouldn't consider it safe enough for a young child, there aren't any seat restraints for children.

The bus tour can be fun but it would be quite long for a young child.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

We loved the Adventureland Island Safari that we went on and we did have seat belts though it was pretty bumpy in parts - though very tame compared to the one we went on in Ko Samui the previous year where the drivers were crazy! Our guide Neil was brilliant. Didn't try the Sunday bus tour but understand it's much cheaper so wouldn't mind giving that a try if we go back.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

Don't think the public transport scenic tours run on a weekly basis so maybe worth checking with them to find out whether there's one on whilst your on island Ring marketing on 426 8467.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

Here is the link for the Sunday Bus Tours.

www.transportboard.com/ser_scenictour.php

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

Also worth considering is Ted's Tour ...the best on the island

.... put it into the serach box for more info

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

I've done the Island Safari 4x4 trip a couple of times and whilst it is a bit bumpy it is very good fun - the drivers are very entertaining and I would consider it suits most ages except the infirm and small children. I would have thoguht a 6 year old would be OK with it. If you have a VIP card you can get two for one onthd adult tickets I think til December.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

I also vote for the 4x4 tours. Safari is the best tour on the island -- I have taken all of them.

8. Re: 4X4 Island tour or sunday public bus tour ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations