We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

We are at the Hilton now and I'm sorry to say the food is really not good. The lunch by the beach/pool is okay and works well but the food at the restaurants are just horrible. Bad quality, bad service and severely overpriced. I could deal with the cost if the food was edible, but it's not. We have a few late afternoon snorkeling trips ahead of us - we would normally do room service to feed the kids easily but I don't think it's an option at this hotel. Did I mention the food is bad?

How great would it be if ANYONE delivered! anything? If you are a local restaurant owner, you could make a killing by starting to deliver to us poor saps at the Hilton :-)

If anyone has any info, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

Hi why dont you take a walk along the Boardwalk early evening - quite a few restaurants/takeaways nearby the Hilton - TGI fridays, Tapas, Pizza place(cant remember the name) to mention just a few - further down - short taxi ride away there is also quite a few places by the Quay centre at Rockley

Brown sugar is also just a few mins walk away from the Hilton.

The only place I have seen that offers delivery is Lobster Alive - just on Carlisle Bay

Edited: 27 December 2009, 01:26
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

Some pizza places also deliver. Do agree the food is not great at the hotel and certainly doesn't reflect the standards of other Hilton hotels for food.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

I believe KFC deliver in Barbados, not ideal I know, but it's an option!

boston
Level Contributor
565 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

There is definitely room service. Also, I thought the Grille was very good, although I had steak. I agree that the prices are out of sight, but so are most of the restaurants in Barbados. We were able to use a discount card that gave us 25% off our meals- that was only availale in low season, though. We sometimes split meals because some of them are so huge, ie. the flying fish sandwich plus fries at the pool restaurant.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

Have you tried looking in the yellow pages section of the phone book in your room or in the lobby of the hotel?? I know the chinese restaurant near the Gap called GuangDong .(435-7387) used to deliver but don't know how far afield they will go.

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

KFC delivers.

7. Re: Do any restaurants DELIVER to the Hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2010, 05:19