We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

Washington DC...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

Hi all. My friends and I are headed to Barbados in September and cannot decide on a hotel. We've stayed at Turtle Beach on previous trips and were satisfied with the experience but the Almond has great deals running. I've read the very mixed reviews (and topic threads) for all three but would be greatful for any additional insight. Here are the deets:

1. We prefer all-inclusive for the drinks.

2. We are not bring children so AB Resort & Spa would be ok but I've heard that there's no entertainment and it is mostly an elderly crowd.

3. We enjoy going to the Gap so the location of Causarina is ideal.

4. Cleanliness/aesthetics of the facilities is very important.

5. We enjoy sunning on the beach but likely will not swim much.

Have you heard anything about renovations going on at AB Causarina now? Approximately how long of a drive is it from either AB Village or AB Resort & Spa to the Gap? Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

Almond Casurarina has only been open for about 2 years and was fully renovated then so doubt there's any renovations going on. The hotel is right next door to Turtle Beach so you will be familiar with the area no doubt - it would be my choice of the three for sure.

Sarah

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

I agree with Scary - Almond Casuarina seems to have all you are looking for and you can take the shuttle bus to the other two resorts should you feel like a change of scenery on the west coast, approx 40 mins to ABC and just under an hour to ABV depending on traffic of course.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

I'd go for Casuarina especially as you are not that interested in swimming as some people find the sea a little bit too wavy on this coast. You will already be aware of this from staying at Turtle Beach. I went to the Casuarina last November not to stay just to visit and found some things a little surprising when most things seem so new, some of the sunbeds were very tatty, not a big problem though. I think it would be nice to have an Ocean View room to get the sea breezes and to be in the new block.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

I agree with all the advice given in the 3 replies above.

I have stayed with my wife at the Almond Beach Club many times and have enjoyed visiting their Casuarina hotel by day where there is such a lovely cooling breeze.It is a delight to sit on the beach under the shady casuarina trees or have lunch in the restaurant overlooking the beach. And the there is a lovely swimming pool close to the beach. A great, relaxing resort !

Edited: 29 July 2010, 15:56
Washington DC...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

Thanks to all!

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

Almond Casuarina Beach is a great choice and location is ideal! They have three restaurants to choose from, which you can make reservations 90 days in advance. Drink selection is great and may I suggest you try a BBC. The oceanview rooms are amazing and I highly recommend it.

Good luck with your decision!

7. Re: Help: Trying to decide between the 3 Almonds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 05:18