We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying designer watches & jewellry

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buying designer watches & jewellry

I was told Barbados was a good destination for buying this sort of thing. Myself and the wife are looking to buy watches for Christmas presents - can anyone recommend a place?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

Some watches are much cheaper, some --------like Cartier for instance are not allowed by the makers to be discounted and are only tax free. My Diamond and 18 ct. gold Piaget was HALF price compared with Watches of Switzerland in the UK ( after their good discount ) I have also bought Raymond Weil considerably cheaper. Go with an idea of the price of the watches you are interested in at home and see !

Good watch shops are Diamonds International

Colomombian Emeralds

The Royal Shop

Little Switzerland

All on Broad Street. and branches elsewhere.

Cheaper watches -------Fossil, DNKY, Anna Klein Citizen etc are also available in the Da Costas Mal and the jewellery shop at the end of the Mall Gita's Jewellers ,and also in Mall 30 something ?? across Broad Street .

Hope that helps.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

A Tiffany ring I have been looking at is around 12% cheaper than buying it here - but I guess it also depends on the dollar rate. So I'm waiting until the pound gets a bit stronger!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

I was looking at a specific Ebel watch and it wasn't any cheaper than buying it at home. In fact since we got back I have got one quote from a high st jewellers and the is cheaper, so I am glad I didn't buy in Barbados. I do, however, know there are savings to be made - you need to know what you are looking for and know what price you would pay at home, what the exchange rate is etc. when you are buying. Personally for a negligible saving I would rather buy at home.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

My Ebel watch was considerably cheaper than in the U K ( I forgot that one lol) You really do have to barter.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

I did!

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

Check out this sale on watches

www.totallybarbados.com/specials2.php…

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

How long does this offer last as we are due in Barbados in mid October?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

They don't mention expiry, so I'd print up the coupon and see what they say when you're there.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

D I are very open to giving discount and you will probably get a better deal bargaining in person than this offer.

However they only sell higher range watches so if you just want cheaper brands as presents, they won't be for you unless you're feeling very generous. You can treat yourselves however lol.

Edited: 21 September 2010, 20:30
Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying designer watches & jewellry

I bought a Breitling at the Holetown store 4 years ago and quite fancy another one now