We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

Taunton...
Level Contributor
850 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

Any suggestions or recommendations on the best places to go snorkeling from shore?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

Hi, If you check the search box, you will fine lots of information about this. Happy planning!!

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

Paynes Beach or Folkestone Marine Park on the west boast, I believe Carlise Bay on the South is also ideal for snorkelling. Many beaches along the west coast are excellent as the waters are crystal clear and are historically calmer than the waters on the south.

dorval
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

jeffpags,

Carlisle Bay. Just past the Boatyard and before the marina, you'll find a bandstand across from a government building. Swim out about two hundred and fifty yards to the buoys and you'll find wrecks down about thirty to forty feet in the water. Hundreds of fish, the odd turtle and plenty of plant life. Bring a soft drink bottle full of soggy bread to feed them and you'll have lots of friends and lots to talk about. Have fun.

Paragon 140

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

We just got back last week. While we were there the west coast waters were really rough due to some "northern swell", so we spent most of our time at Carlisle Bay on the south coast not far from Bridgetown. There is a car park there just down from the government center offices. There is also a changing room and showers.

The snorkeling was fantastic. My husband swam about 100 yards offshore to the area where they have 3 ships sun. It's the same area lots of the catamarans and boats take their people for this reason. He saw thousands of fish - very colorful and also lots of turtles.

I stayed in the shallow water but saw lots of turtles there as well swimming by me. One day my total count was 20.

There is also a reef offshore at Accra/Rockley beach that my husband enjoyed as well. It's not as far out as the one at Carlisle Bay, but he saw lots of great fish there as well.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

Just off Almond beach club west coast,take some bread with you,swim out to the wreck and feed thousands of fish,there are reef all along the shoreline.

6. Re: Best places to go Snorkeling from shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 06:16