We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you help please

australia
Level Contributor
242 posts
42 reviews
Can you help please

hi

i am looking to book accommodation for our stay in august this year, and was wondering if someone could help please. i was looking at the coral mist hotel, but cannot get my bearings as to how far this is from the centre of bridgetown.

as we are in our late 50's we are not interested in swimming etc, but do enjoy relaxing on the beach.

we will not be hiring a car, so was wondering how easy it is to get around from the coral mist. if this is too far out of the way are there suggestions for places to stay i n the centre of bridgetown???

what would you suggest doing....

thanks in advance.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,412 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Can you help please

There really isn't any reason to stay in Bridgetown. This is our capital city and like many is mostly a business area.. Shops, banks, etc. Coral Mist is situated in a very good area and along the main south coast bus route, so if you do want to venture into Bridgetown, even stopping at the Garrison Savannah, going to the Barbados Museum, etc etc.. you are in a great spot.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,414 posts
383 reviews
2. Re: Can you help please

Jacklyn10

Just to add, it'll take you about 15 minutes by bus to get from the Coral Mist into Bridgetown. The Coral Mist has an excellent location, with fantastic transportation options, on a great beach with several restaurants and bars within close walking distance.

Bridgetown isn't London or New York... there's nothing to do in Bridgetown nor or there any hotels (as yet) in the city centre. The closest hotels to Bridgetown would be Island Inn, Grand Barbados and Hilton Barbados.

Bottom line, stick to Coral Mist.

Regards

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Can you help please

You really don't want to stay in Bridgetown!!!

Coral Mist is great for getting arround with buses unning along the south coast road right outside. You can walk to a wide range of restaurants and bars, including the Gap which is a popular area. Quayside centr also has a number of dining options.

I love this location and have stayed there 7 times (once at Blue Orchids the sister hotel next door). If you have any questons feel free to message me.

4. Re: Can you help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations