We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for one night?

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for one night?

Hi all,

We're staying one night in Barbados on our way to Bequia. Can anyone suggest a place to stay that's not too far from the airport?

Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for one night?

maca81

If you're staying until mid-morning and want to be on the beach I'd recommend the Butterfly Beach Hotel which is a 15 minute drive from BGI. If you won't see daylight in Barbados and are just looking for someplace clean and affordable with a complimentary shuttle service, have a look at the Casa Grande Airport Hotel. This is 7 minutes from the Airport but it is not on the beach, but a good option if you don't want expense yourself on luxuries you won't have time to enjoy.

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 04 March 2012, 23:06
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for one night?

I would be very wary of Casa Grande from the reviews and my own impressions from seeing it up close in person (seen a room, wouldn't even stay one night). There are so many very negative reviews I'd think twice about staying there. Nothing is very far from the airport if you stay on the south coast in or around the St. Lawrence Gap area. Others that are only 10-15 minute drive from the airport are Golden Sands, Sea Breeze, Bougainvillea, Divi Southwinds, Oceans 15, Dover Beach Hotel, Silver Sands

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for one night?

Thanks so much for your replies!

We're arriving at around 1:30 pm, so would love to spend a couple of hours on the beach! Plus, we don't fly out out until 12:30 pm so would love to be able to go for a morning walk on the beach!

I'll look into all of your suggestions!

Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for one night?

maca81

Definitely go for something on the beach then since you have so much time. Butterfly Beach is one of the cheaper while excellent options here and they will let you stay one night.

You're most welcome.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for one night?

As you have quite a lot of time I think you might enjoy the Accra beach area as it has a great beach, the boardwalk and many, many places to grab an inexpensive meal or Champers is right there for a nice dinner overlooking the ocean. And you're still only about 20 minutes from the airport.

Hotels to suit various budgets (from most expensive to least) in this area are Accra Beach hotel, Blue Orchid/ Coral Mist, Southern Surf, Magic Isle.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for one night?

I just noticed that in my first post I had listed Silver Sands which has been closed for a year or two by now. I don't know what I intended to write but definitely meant somewhere else.

Brain fart!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for one night?

Oh I remember now- I MEANT to say Southern Palms but have always gotten those 2 names mixed up.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for one night?

Wow! Thanks for all the additional suggestions InBarbados! I'm going to check them out right now!

I appreciate it!

NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for one night?

The Sunbay is clean and comfortable and inexpensive. They are a half a block away from their sister hotel that sits on a very nice beach. It is a bargain and close to other hotels and restauruants.

10. Re: Where to stay for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:18