We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Barbados

Iowa
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Barbados

Is there any airline that flies to Barbados that avoids Miami and JFK? Those airports are so miserable I would like to avoid them if possible. Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Barbados

janetb39

US Airways flies once a week from Charlotte (CLT) on Saturdays. American Airlines currently has a service from Dallas Fort/Worth which ends in August. Otherwise, you are stuck with MIA/JFK. MIA is the one I personally try to avoid. I find JFK to be quite good, particularly Terminal 8 which American Airlines uses. American has a monopoly from Miami, while they compete with JetBlue from JFK.

Regards

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Barbados

If your flight is early morning - JFK is not a problem.

Edited: 09 June 2012, 15:57
louisiana
Level Contributor
234 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Barbados

Although JFK is a cluster the JetBlue terminal is very nice and makes you feel like you are not in a huge airport. We recently traveled through JFK on JetBlue with our toddler and it was a breeze. This was my first time flying jet blue and I highly recommend it! I just wish it had more flights out of new orleans! As far as I know JetBlue has a direct from JFK and runs specials frequently. Where are you flying from?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Barbados

American Airlines also has a direct flight out of JFK to Barbados - the price I got was actually cheaper than JetBlue.

But I think janetb39 is talking about making a connection through Miami or JFK from her home state of Virginia.

Iowa
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Barbados

We are flying from Des Moines, Iowa.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Barbados

janetb39

It looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and transit via MIA.

Regards

7. Re: Flights to Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations